• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"We've detected that this app is using an unsupported version of Play billing. Please upgrade to Billing Library 5 or newer to release this app."

Symbol_3D

Lurker
Oct 15, 2023
Hey everyone, just encountered an issue right on the cusp of releasing a game. When I try to upload my game to the playstore, it comes up with the error "We've detected that this app is using an unsupported version of Play billing. Please upgrade to Billing Library 5 or newer to release this app.". By default Unreal 5.0 has version 3, my game doesn't include any form of transactions and I'm unclear if I can circumvent this step if I find out how to turn off microtransactions in engine. I've looked through all I could find related to this error but unfortunately nothing has worked so far. If anyone has experience with how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for reading

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones