• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

amazingams

Lurker
May 5, 2023
Does anyone know what app the weird u shaped icon is for?

IMG_20230630_201418.jpg

Clearly it's not my phone or I'd know
You'd be surprised: we have had people ask about icons on their own phones. It's safest not to make assumptions.

But there are literally millions of apps, so it's usually only the common ones we can identify. Otherwise your best bet is to ask the phone's owner, if this is important to you.

Upvote 0
Clearly it's not my phone or I'd know
OK so we get this question everyday. the problem is that there are millions of apps out there that have notification icons. so unless it is something like facebook or youtube, most of these questions go unanswered. the easiest way is to look on the phone's notifications to see what it is. but as you stated this is not your phone. of course you can just ask, but i guess that is not as easy as it sounds.

you might get lucky and someone might recognize it.....but don't hold your breath on an answer.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones