• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are alternatives to iPhone ?

Hello Guys i was just looking for alternatives to iPhone. I have used iPhone since last 5 months. But my experience with Android is more happning. Here are some top 2 smartphone i would love to have them.

Samsung Galaxy S II (Android 2.3.4, Gingerbread)
and

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

but the problem is that will the Volume issue with Galaxy Nexus be Fixed ?

And i need help purchasing android phones. So please help me out suggesting Phones.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums!

Both are, by all accounts, great phones (don't have either myself).

I believe that there is already a fix for the Nexus volume issue... you may want to check in here - Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Android Forums, as I am sure other users of the device would be able to advise!

The SGS II is due to have the ICS OS in the new year.

The choice really would be down to preference. Have you tried to get some hands on time with either phone, to see which you think is better for you? Try going to a shop and having a play with them both!

Reactions: KENNECTED
Upvote 0
Hello Guys i was just looking for alternatives to iPhone. I have used iPhone since last 5 months. But my experience with Android is more happning. Here are some top 2 smartphone i would love to have them.

and

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

And i need help purchasing android phones. So please help me out suggesting Phones.

Thanks

I would definitely suggest the Motorola Photon, HTC Evo 4G, or of course the Samsung Galaxy S2, these are all amazing phones! Each one is unique but for the most part they are very similar- user friendly, fun, and efficient! But, the Motorola Photon would be at the top of my list!

Upvote 0
Hi Mobulite, I recently upgraded and got a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc which I'm really happy with.

It's got an HDMI port so I can hook it up to my TV for You Tube etc, looks and feels great and has a great size screen.

Now the Arc S is out which is only going to be better. Highly recommended phone. Plus it's due to get the ICS update in a couple of months.

Good luck!

Paul

Upvote 0

and

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Thanks

What I like especially is HTC Incredible It also sports an FM radio

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones