What are "Google invites"?

Last Updated:

1. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Almost embarrassed to ask at this point, but I see lots of posts regarding these and maybe I'm jumping around too much trying to find the answer... what's an "invite", what do you do with them, and when do you need it?

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Google has several Google services that they close to only "invited" users. Gmail was like that when they first launched, and right now they have Google Voice and Google Wave closed to "invite only". Google will send out invitations to users to sign up and sometimes allows those new members to send out invites to friends as well.

3. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

They are looking for Google Voice invites. I got sent my invitation, but have not received any invites to give out yet. Maybe someone will be nice enough to send one your way so you can join in on the fun!

4. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Google voice gives you a second phone number that will ring what ever phone you wish (up to 4 at once). Biggest advantage to me is discount on international calls and free long distant calls from home phone(best if you have a local google number). Go to Google Voice web site to see other benifits that you might use and enjoy.