• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are the best seats you've had at any sporting event?

Both of my instances were at Marlins games and both I paid absolutely nothing lol.

First when I was a young kid. I was with my dad and we bought two tickets to see the Marlins. Our seats were on the second level, pretty much the nosebleeds. Walking through the concourse, my dad started talking to a man. He said a few words to me and put his hand on my shoulder and then gave us two tickets. I had no idea who he was. When he left I asked my dad and he told me it was John Henry, owner of the Marlins then and current owner of the Boston Red Sox. He gave us his personal seats, two tickets in the field box. We actually walked into the same tunnel as the players did to get to our seats. These seats were right...on...the field. First row. We even had two little TV's in front of us below the railing. It was an experience I'll never forget.

The second time was about a year ago. My good friend invited me to go the game with him and his family. Turns out his family have connections and we were given the luxury suite. I always looked up and wondered who were the people behind the glass...now I know :p free catered food too!

So what are your guys stories?

Pretty cool stories. I am a hockey fan so regular season tickets not so hard to come by a few years ago... I have had glass seats a few times at Hawk games before they got good again. People would basically give them away. lol
Isn't it crazy how unpopular teams all of a sudden become the hot ticket in town? It's like...where were you guys before lol. That's pretty sick though, I imagine glass seats are quite an experience especially when you have a dude shoved into the boards right in front of you :p

Upvote 0
I had front row seats at the LA Women's Tennis Championship for the past couple of years because the seats are relatively really cheap for front row in tennis. I was so close that I saw every little drop of sweat, heard every grunt and moan, and close ups of the toned, tanned, and flawless bodies of these women:

Elena Dementieva

elena-dementieva.jpg

Ana Ivanovic

ivanovic.jpg

Maria Sharapova

maria-sharapova-81208003.jpg

Flavia Pennetta

flavia_pennetta_photo_1.jpg

Maria Kirilenko

maria-kirilenko.jpg

What my roommate hates about this: I don't even care about what they look like. I'm there for the tennis. lol :p

Upvote 0
Sitting on row 77 at the 2005 Talladega 500! We were sitting on the last row, and then above us was the spotters for the drivers on the front streach. Im scared of heights, so i had to drink about 8 beers just to get comfortable sitting up that high:D Me and my friend and his wife sat there. We took in about 30 beers to the race that day, and not a single one made it out of the track alive:D Bad thing is, my friends wife don't drink, she hated us come end of the race cause we drank ourselfs back to kindergarten:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones