• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are you doing with your ipod touch?

rogue_slc_vzw_rep

Android Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2010
ive seen several member on the droid forum mention they have an ipod touch. now that you have a droid that can/will do must of the apps your ipod touch will what are you doing with it? I keep thinking to sell mine but do like the audio quality I get from it and my cars stereo is made to work with an ipod.

Have you sold yours? will you sell it or are you still into it after having a droid?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I've still got mine. I used it a ton when I had my razor as my primary, but now I use it when I don't have my computer around. For awhile, it was set up on my works wifi so it was great, but I took it back to work the other day aNd it forgot the password.I'm trying to re~set it up..I used the touch/razor combo to not have a 30 data plan..but droids worth the gravy

Upvote 0
My droid has completely replaced my ipod touch. The touch has been stuck in my briefcase.

One day, I let my 9yo son use it to play some games on there. He asks if he can have it since I don't use it anymore. I tell him he can have it IF he helps me with yardwork for a month. He quickly agrees.

First weekend I have him bagging the clippings as I trim the bushes around the house. Well it's pretty hot outside (we live in Florida) and my son says to me about half way through the project...dad, I don't think an ipod is worth this.

He did continue to help and finished his part of the bargain. I was trying to teach him the value of hard work. But if nothing else, I hope my son learns better negotiating skills.

Upvote 0
until there is an adapter that will let a Droid dock in iPod/iTouch cradles i'll have to keep using it.

I doubt that'll happen. Simply because the dock port on the iPod is entirely different than the microUSB that the Droid has. AND, the iPod ports are all on the bottom, and the USB on the Droid is on the upper side. It just seems too much of a design challenge to be practical for anyone wanting to design it, and anyone wanting to buy it. It WOULD be nice though.

I still use my iPod Classic as a music player. I don't mind the old fashioned click wheel, and it's really hard to beat 120GB of memory;). Honestly, my iPod is my music/podcast/movie player, and my Droid is my everything else.:D

Upvote 0
I use mine to play music, Droid sucks for this. I also play games on it, Android in general sucks for this, but getting better. I'll probably use it as a remote for an AR.Drone if they ever bother to release the damn thing......

I don't know about the games. Music though? Your full of it. Big deal the itouch has the cool looking library. That's enough for u to say droid sucks at playing music. Rofl

Upvote 0
I sold mine. I tried to carry both around because i do agree the music player is a little easier on the ipod but carrying around 2 devices is just clumbsy. I think its worth it to use a slightly lesser music play if i dont have to carry more then one device.

Also who has time to play games on there phonne? o_O

Upvote 0
When the Droid has *remotely close* to the quality of music player, as well as the breadth, quality and price competitiveness of games & apps ... let me know. Until then I will hand on to my iPod Touch ...

* Games are ~4x more expensive, 1000x less available - particularly non-trivial games.

I agree that the games on my ipod touch are great and the availability of great games are there, (until I put froyo on my droid and have flash, hmm) but I spend almost no time looking for new games on my ipod now a days. I am glad I opted for the 32 gb version so I can use it for movies/music..

Upvote 0
The Droid's music player sucks dead donkey balls.

Like I said. Your full of crap. :) it works perfectly fine. I use the music widget on the home screen. I dont know how it can get any easier than that.

I mean seriously. What is better on an itouch other than the way it looks so cool when you choose albums. That is really the only key difference.

Upvote 0
I use my iTouch to access my online bank when WIFI is available. For some reason, my iTouch can access my banks website, but my MotoDroid gets the generic "Cannot connect/server not responding/server not found" message. I have asked my bank about this and all they say is that their online banking site is not set up to work with mobile devices. I told them that it also happens on WIFI and 3G with my MotoDroid and even happens when I change my user agent to desktop or safari. I also told them that I have no problem connecting with my iTouch and they were basically speechless. Luckily I have touch-tone banking set up now, so if I ever need to transfer money when not at my computer or when I don't have my iTouch, I can.

Other than that, I do still use it for music, but not as much any more. I basically only use it in my car because I don't have an FM transmitter for my MotoDroid (not even sure if one exists). I use my MotoDroid for music when I am walking or whatever. I don't have any problems with the music quality on my MotoDroid. The UI could be better for the music player, but it's not all that bad.

I might play a game or two from time to time, but not as much any more. In fact, I haven't even checked for updates to my app on my iTouch since I got my MotoDroid in February. I bet every app I have on my iTouch has an update waiting to be downloaded. LOL

I have been thinking about giving it to my girlfriend, but will give it some time before I decide for sure if that's what I want to do. I might wait until my bank makes their website mobile compatible. I am taking her to get an iPod nano for her b-day this weekend. I thought about giving her my iTouch for her b-day, but I don't think she would want a hand-me-down iTouch. I may decide to sell it, but again I'll probably wait for a little while before I make any major decision about what to do with it. I mean I did sped a butt load of money on it, accessories, and apps.

Kratos

Upvote 0
My use of mine has decreased since I got the droid with internet, but I still love it. The availability of games is better compared to Droids and I prefer it when WiFi is available. Plus you just can't be the simplicity of the iPod/iTunes. Just plug it in and it syncs. With droid I'd have to torrent the music files, plug in the droid, then copy over the files myself into music areas. Unless theres and easier way to do that?

Upvote 0
My use of mine has decreased since I got the droid with internet, but I still love it. The availability of games is better compared to Droids and I prefer it when WiFi is available. Plus you just can't be the simplicity of the iPod/iTunes. Just plug it in and it syncs. With droid I'd have to torrent the music files, plug in the droid, then copy over the files myself into music areas. Unless theres and easier way to do that?

I use the drop box app to move albums from my pc to my droid. You should check it out. Zip the album on your computer then extract them on your droid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones