1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

What condition are your Desires in & how long have you had them? :)

1. wavemeister

wavemeister Active Member

Had mine since April last year, it is in pristine condition. Most of the time it lives in a zip up phone sock,
  2. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Mine is also modded and flashed beyond recognition lol. I'm somewhat annoyed as I have ALWAYS had a tpu case and screen protector since the day I got it in October 2010, I have also never dropped it, yet I still have some marks on it and some of the metal on the phone is not flush with other materials such as the plastic. But oh well, I look after it well and never put it in the same pocket as anything else. What cases are you all using?? :)
  3. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

That's interesting actually as I feel my Desires build quality is not as good as my friends Desire and not as good as other peoples Desires on this forum. I got it in October 2010 but it was purchased before then, I just got it in October 2010
  4. GingaB

GingaB Well-Known Member

I am using a gel case i found on Amazon. This cover fits very snuggly around the phone and I got it for
  5. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Thanks GingaB - I might get one.. because the reason the metal on my Desire is marked when I haven't even dropped it is because grit gets under my TPU case and scratches it, well it has and I have 3 marks on it.
  6. daivik

daivik Well-Known Member

Lovely phone. Is/Was my first android.

I don't use a case and I've dropped it on concrete/pavement - (the black-tar-type pavement) once and I got a tiny chip. But that was all. It measures less than half a millimetre. But I treat this phone like crap sometimes, (just in general everyday usage)

I generally tend to "lob"/throw it only my desk. Not hard, but I sort of aim it for books/something soft and well it doesn't always hit every time. :p

When I get bored, it's a bad habit, but I also just randomly start pressing all the buttons rapidly.

And well my desire, Still looks more or less brand new, including the button presses (despite that little chip)]

Truly an incredible phone. (bar apps storage) :p
  7. nickkr

nickkr Well-Known Member

8. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

I agree with that. My previous Sony Ericsson K850i had a lanyard eye and I always used it, so I do also miss that :)
  9. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Lol that made me laugh, I also have that habit - I start pressing the menu key and messing around with all the buttons when I'm like sitting on the bus or something :L
  10. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

I've just noticed a tiny, and i mean tiny scratch in the bottom right corner and also the silver on the search/back button is slightly bubbled.
  11. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Had it since April 2010, slight scratch on the left button (the search one to be exact). Bar that pristine as it's lived in it's pouch with a screen protector on it. Cold do with a new battery cover as it's a tad grubby but I'm sure I could give it a good clean
  12. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Actually my back button seems to have accumulated some surface scratches.

I bet my desire is the worst condition out of everyones here. Everyone else is pristine or almost pristine.

I'm not far off the point where I would change the casing :)
  13. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

1 year 2 months

Absolutely no marks, blemishes etc on the phone. Maybe a couple of tiny hairline scratches on the screen, but it's sometimes hard to tell if that's actually what it is or if it's finger prints. Noting major anyway.

I would probably describe it as "like new" :cool:
  14. daivik

daivik Well-Known Member

I think that we can deduce one thing from this thread. Boyy, did the Desire have absolutely impeccable build quality! (Bare-in-mind I'm one of the people who hasn't suffered from dust in their screen. :D)
  15. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Lol mine is not pristine but its not too bad :p - lol your is just well loved and used ;)
  16. Ravin Dave

Ravin Dave Member

Had mine since end of April 2010 - Kept in a Gel case, with a Zagg on the screen. Also slipped in a little pouch when in my pocket. Still in pristine condition.

The build quality seems even better than my 6 day old Desire S.
  17. Rafalema

Rafalema Well-Known Member

I dropped mine a few days back, and the metal thingy came up a bit as well. I removed the backplate to see what was under it, and after seeing that it had a clip I pushed it down.

I've had mine for about 6 months now, and I love this thing.
    Only screen protector for me.
  18. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

The only drawback from rooting is that occasionally you need to take your baby out of it's protective shell and expose it to the outside world! I make sure I'm over nice soft carpet whenever I need to change SD cards or pull the battery ;)
  19. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Lol thats what i do too, I put it on my bed :p - need to make sure Desire is protected :p
  20. GingaB

GingaB Well-Known Member

Lol I go one further.. I always make sure my hands are clean whenever I use my phone. Hate greasy grubby hands on my phone! :D
  21. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

I also do that lol. If I have just eaten chips or something greasy I always wash my hands before i touch my phone because I don't want it all grubby ;)
  22. Fishyweb

Fishyweb Well-Known Member

Had mine for 14 months. I've found that the back button no longer works as responsively as it did, it sometimes needs several presses to react. Cosmetically, everything is almost as new apart from the camera cover which I've replaced with a piece of glass.
  23. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member

Had gel case and screen protector... phone is pristine except for hairline scratch on metal surrounding camera.

Had first minor drop the other day, about 2ft onto hard carpet. Was in Gel case and no damage. Phew. Had since May 2010 and I plan on keeping it another year, so hopefully it will survive.
  24. GingaB

GingaB Well-Known Member

Haha nice to know Im not the only one who takes care of my phone meticulously! ;)
  25. daivik

daivik Well-Known Member

Wow. You guys are so caring! I just use a screen cover and treat it normally. I suppose I've been extremely lucky to only drop it once and pick up one tiny scratch. Apart from that, I quick wipe down with a sponge would leave it looking more or less brand new. :p