What does "factory reset" do?

1. GuitarDemon

GuitarDemon Member

I have the problem where I've run low on phone storage, and need to delete some things. As I've seen elsewhere, I have 68Mb of "email", but have nothing in the mailboxes or cache. A factory reset apparently clears this data, but I'm unsure of what the factory reset actually does. I have backed up my data to SD card, but I have quite a few paid apps which I don't want to have to pay for again. Does anyone know if a factory reset deletes apps? Thank you for your help.

PS I posted earlier asking for any info on the sound/video sync problem, but I now use Rockplayer which is bloody brilliant - plays AVI's perfectly, so no need to convert!

Advertisement
  2. Paranoid_Android101

Paranoid_Android101 Active Member

Factory reset does exactly that.... It will go back to when you first turned it on.. You will lose all apps unless you back them up to SD card, you won't have to pay for the apps you already paid for as they are tied to your google account....

That being said a factory reset should be a last resort...
  3. oldnick

oldnick Well-Known Member

Will give you hours of fun getting back to where you were! Check out MybackupPro before you do it. Bon chance!