• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Well I guess i will start with browsers, none of them work reliably all the time. They freeze or load slow, they don't play flash half the time, youtube is also a no go. Tablets at there absolute core should be great for web, I mean quad core blah blah blah, it doesn't even load pages correctly half the time. How powerful does it need to be before it is functional on the web. Meaning render and perform as good as a 4 year old lap top.

Youtube app crashes or freezes. Now i can not search youtube with my keyboard because when i click the search box and type no words or letters appear. Take off the dock and it works, great what is the point of the keyboard dock then.

There is lag between typing in many apps and this is very frustrating. I am now typing on thumb keyboard as my dock stopped working after frustrating. Don,t buy this. Its worse then the first transformer which sucked.

Reactions: Lyvewire
Well I guess i will start with browsers, none of them work reliably all the time. They freeze or load slow, they don't play flash half the time, youtube is also a no go. Tablets at there absolute core should be great for web, I mean quad core blah blah blah, it doesn't even load pages correctly half the time. How powerful does it need to be before it is functional on the web. Meaning render and perform as good as a 4 year old lap top.

Youtube app crashes or freezes. Now i can not search youtube with my keyboard because when i click the search box and type no words or letters appear. Take off the dock and it works, great what is the point of the keyboard dock then.

There is lag between typing in many apps and this is very frustrating. I am now typing on thumb keyboard as my dock stopped working after frustrating. Don,t buy this. Its worse then the first transformer which sucked.

The stock browser isn't great, that's why there are replacements. ICS Browser+, Chrome and Boat Browser all render as fast (or faster) than my laptop.

I use thumb keyboard and it works quickly and perfectly with no lag while typing.

It sounds like you have some software issues. Have you tried a factory reset? And what is your serial #?

Upvote 0

I'm suprised this hasnt come up sooner. I too literally dealt with this last night while looking at vids on youtube. Also the space bar wouldnt not put a space between words when typing a search on youtube. I've tried every single Browser you can try on this tablet and they all freeze and time out at some point when or even without using flash. Its annoying and really trying my patience..I know I can sell this thing fast on craigslist with dock for $650 but the worst part is..I DONT WANT TO...Hope a update is coming soon to give me some hope...smh

Upvote 0
So far i have used boat, chrome, maxthon, dolphin hd, dolphin lite, and stock. As far as serial it starts with bc. I am hoping your kidding about thats why we have different browsers available, or am i crazy thinking the stock one should work. Internet explorer works fine and came with my computer, I use firefox or chrome for their add ons and such but they all work fine for browsing. Should my tablet not be expected to browse the internet without a download of a third party browser? My keyboard should not function as say...........a keyboard. For a 199 bucks sure okay deal with it, for 650 it probably should function.

Currently this is my honest sales pitch for the tablet. Browse and use thousands of apps, occasionally they will even work. Search the web with our randomly functional browser. Type from our dock as long as you don't try it on youtube and you don't use the space bar. Look at the power of our quad core processor which now can make your game look like its splashing water on your screen in between reboots. There is nothing you can't do or is there nothing you can do, the question can only be answered if you buy our tablet.

Reactions: Lostsorrow
Upvote 0
Currently this is my honest sales pitch for the tablet. Browse and use thousands of apps, occasionally they will even work. Search the web with our randomly functional browser. Type from our dock as long as you don't try it on youtube and you don't use the space bar. Look at the power of our quad core processor which now can make your game look like its splashing water on your screen in between reboots. There is nothing you can't do or is there nothing you can do, the question can only be answered if you buy our tablet.

+1 for creativity but um yeah.........put it in a TPS report and send it to Asus. Here's a link to get you started http://support.asus.com/ServiceCenter.aspx?SLanguage=en

Reactions: Ramzes13
Upvote 0
So far i have used boat, chrome, maxthon, dolphin hd, dolphin lite, and stock. As far as serial it starts with bc. I am hoping your kidding about thats why we have different browsers available, or am i crazy thinking the stock one should work. Internet explorer works fine and came with my computer, I use firefox or chrome for their add ons and such but they all work fine for browsing. Should my tablet not be expected to browse the internet without a download of a third party browser? My keyboard should not function as say...........a keyboard. For a 199 bucks sure okay deal with it, for 650 it probably should function.

Sure , you have a problem, as well as others. Use google to see if your issue is as widespread as other problems (it isn't, trust me i've looked). Mine and two of my friends', work flawlessly online, youtube, gta3, pr0n, and what have you. so before going out on a far-reaching limb to say never buy this product wtf, mine sux0rz...reset the tablet, if that doesnt work uninstall each browser and reinstall one by one (because the apps can step on eachother), use the reset pinhole, and then if that doesnt work....throw it out the window...

and now my sales pitch about the average consumer who buys a known to be sub par product, goes on their digital soap box to complain about something whose energy would be better spent at contacting the manufacturer....I got nothing...have a good day :)

Upvote 0
As far as i knew when i bought the tablet it was suppose to be beyond great. This being based on all the reviews from the pros. Since my order was placed before the wide spread reports of problems. You must understand where someone is coming from before you make statements such as i bought a flawed device and now am surprised about problems. Every where i check browser problems are talked about so i guess my google doesn't work like some of yours either. There is a browser thread in this very forum. I don't blame asus for the browser, i have had other android tablets, they were poor also for browsing. I blame asus for my keyboard problems which are reported by others. I blame myself for buying into the hype and thinking this time i would get everything and a bag of chips from my prime. Buyer beware.

Upvote 0
As far as i knew when i bought the tablet it was suppose to be beyond great. This being based on all the reviews from the pros. Since my order was placed before the wide spread reports of problems. You must understand where someone is coming from before you make statements such as i bought a flawed device and now am surprised about problems. Every where i check browser problems are talked about so i guess my google doesn't work like some of yours either. There is a browser thread in this very forum. I don't blame asus for the browser, i have had other android tablets, they were poor also for browsing. I blame asus for my keyboard problems which are reported by others. I blame myself for buying into the hype and thinking this time i would get everything and a bag of chips from my prime. Buyer beware.

I would say buyer be informed. The tablet is still an infant device and expecting it to perform like your PC is expecting too much. You know how your laptop dies after an hour or so of use? A tablet can last ten or more and is paper thin. It's just not a laptop and it wont be anytime in the immediate future.

Upvote 0

Have you considered returning/exchanging your tablet? It really does seem that you have a defective unit with all the problems you are having. My Prime works well. I have used Boat, Dolphin, and Chrome browsers to test and both Boat and Chrome are the fastest ones and very smooth but they all render the pages with no problems. I've been able to watch YouTube videos, Flash content, etc. I'm very happy with my Prime. So far it has done everything I've wanted it to do for both productivity and entertainment.

Upvote 0
I got my tablet in december so its way to late to return. It worked good at first, besides lag in typing on browser and occasional freezes. Just like my og transformer. My wifi is weaker then all other wifi things I own but i still can use it, never see my neighbors wifi show up which i do on my rezound, blu ray player, laptop, and ipad. I also run speed test and get 8mb on prime and get 19mb on my ipad and laptop. This is at about 50 feet from the router. Now my browser works half the time usually does some strange page loading freezes or typing lag. If i had to do it again i would of got an ultrabook or waited on the ipad 3 since my ipad 1 browses the internet and plays netflix ,youtube, and hbo go fine. I just wanted to give android tablets another chance as i love both my incredible and rezound phones.

Upvote 0
I got my tablet in december so its way to late to return. It worked good at first, besides lag in typing on browser and occasional freezes. Just like my og transformer. My wifi is weaker then all other wifi things I own but i still can use it, never see my neighbors wifi show up which i do on my rezound, blu ray player, laptop, and ipad. I also run speed test and get 8mb on prime and get 19mb on my ipad and laptop. This is at about 50 feet from the router. Now my browser works half the time usually does some strange page loading freezes or typing lag. If i had to do it again i would of got an ultrabook or waited on the ipad 3 since my ipad 1 browses the internet and plays netflix ,youtube, and hbo go fine. I just wanted to give android tablets another chance as i love both my incredible and rezound phones.

But it is still under warranty. Why not try to get it replaced with Asus?

Upvote 0
I would say buyer be informed. The tablet is still an infant device and expecting it to perform like your PC is expecting too much. You know how your laptop dies after an hour or so of use? A tablet can last ten or more and is paper thin. It's just not a laptop and it wont be anytime in the immediate future.

I'm sorry but I have to retract what I said earlier. I just got my dock in today, and this thing performs every bit as well as my netbook. The typing is completely fluid for me and I likely won't be picking my old PC up very often from here on out.

Upvote 0
But it is still under warranty. Why not try to get it replaced with Asus?

Mainly because when my buddy brings his over or we are at his house both units perform the same. Since my og transformer did exactly the same thing, I don't believe anything will change. I got lucky to not have light bleed or bluetooth causing wifi drop out problems.

Glad some of you are happy with yours. Mine works about 60 percent of the time for what i need it to do. My buddy has light bleed and reboots all the time and still loves his. Different strokes I guess, just used to basic things working. Thanks for reading my complaints and trying to help.

Upvote 0
Mainly because when my buddy brings his over or we are at his house both units perform the same. Since my og transformer did exactly the same thing, I don't believe anything will change. I got lucky to not have light bleed or bluetooth causing wifi drop out problems.

Glad some of you are happy with yours. Mine works about 60 percent of the time for what i need it to do. My buddy has light bleed and reboots all the time and still loves his. Different strokes I guess, just used to basic things working. Thanks for reading my complaints and trying to help.

I hope that you don't feel shot down for expressing how your feel about your prime. I think that Treknologist handled this thread very well by making helpful suggestions rather than telling you to sell it and STFU. I read this earlier in the night, and thought about how it's interesting how people have different expectations for a device. I think I'm a sucker for early adoption, because I'll put up with a good bit and still remain happy with my purchase. Honestly, I really can say that this thing has been solid for me. I wonder if people's units vary that wildly or if it's just our own expectations that drive how we perceive this thing. Or both! :)

Reactions: Treknologist
Upvote 0

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't buy this:p:p:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I hope that you don't feel shot down for expressing how your feel about your prime. I think that Treknologist handled this thread very well by making helpful suggestions rather than telling you to sell it and STFU. I read this earlier in the night, and thought about how it's interesting how people have different expectations for a device. I think I'm a sucker for early adoption, because I'll put up with a good bit and still remain happy with my purchase. Honestly, I really can say that this thing has been solid for me. I wonder if people's units vary that wildly or if it's just our own expectations that drive how we perceive this thing. Or both! :)

Thanks I don't feel shot down at all. Andygu3 wonder what you don't buy, guess i am the only one to see weak wifi, or maybe the only one with lagging browser. Hmmm funny how there are so many threads about both. Any way going to update see if any problems go away. If i get rid of browser lag and the pop up wait or close box that would be exciting. I don't have any battery issues so i doubt you do andygu.

Upvote 0
I had no issues with my prime from the start , i have all the updates including (14) today. the youtube app was buggy from the first time using the prime but is better after all the updates, still needs an update from youtube developers themselves. I have no use for GPS on a tablet so i never really checked it completely outside or while driving. Today on my way back to work i decided to test the GPS fully outside and while driving(not just from my porch as i have before). For the first half of mile i could only find two sattelites and a very weak signal at that. I noticed i had bluetooth on also , pressed it by accident, as soon as i turned bluetooth off and and was able to look down at the tablet while driving , instantly i had 12 sattelites in sight and 7 in use while driving. So outside open sky my gps works fine.My WI-FI gets the same signal as my Ipod and epic 4g touch. I hope this helps someone make a good decision on buying this tablet as i used this forum to make my choice with the Gamestop bundle package. To those who have problems on there prime, lets continue to pressure Asus to get you what you paid for, the best Android tablet on the planet....... Update , in the last few days i have been getting a pop up on the screen that says something like "android Media has stopped " ???? a Google ICS issue though.

Upvote 0
I cannot speak for the prime yet, but I had the original transformer and never once had an issue with the browser, same with my Xoom and galaxy tab 10.1, all performed fine. Only problem with browser was typing with this site, everything else was fine.

I will be getting the prime soon, so I shall test it out. Some people probably shouldn't get android tablets, they are definitely not for everyone. I hope you enjoy the ipad 3 or whatever choice you go with and that you no longer have issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones