• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What happened to my music?

Iforgit

Feb 14, 2010
I updated to 2.1 on sunday and haven't listened to MP3s yet (actually pulled sd card when updated). I was using meridian player before the update. I went through and downloaded all my old apps from the market again, but this time there was meridian pioneer. I went to listen to music today and the only thing that pops up is the stuff I've downloaded from amazon directly onto the phone. I started searching the sd card on the computer and there's a folder called lost.dir that is a little over 4 gigs that would be about the amount of music I had on there. All the files in there were renamed with numbers that range from 4 digits to 6 digits.

I have all my music on the computer and I'll just put it back on, but I just wanted to make crystal clear that deleting this folder is an alright thing to do, and I'm not going to screw anything else up by deleting the entire folder.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones