• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is Internal Storage and Phone Storage? [PLEASE HELP]

maksy13

Lurker
Dec 21, 2014
I have just got a new phone I downloaded my everyday apps like Facebook, Youtube, Chrome Etc.
But now when I want to try some high-end games like Modern Combat 5 it always says "There is insufficient space on the device" So I go into my storage and it says 'Internal Storage' Total space: 0.89GB and available 101MB and then it says 'Phone Storage' Total Space: 5.27GB and available 5.06GB
So where does it download my apps and why can't I download anymore I've hardly downloaded anything...

Oh and yes I forgot it says i only have 101MB available on the Internal Storage but sometimes it lets me download games that are like 500MB so where do it save apps if it sometimes lets me download but then sometimes doesn't??? And also when I go into storage it says 'Default write disk' then 'Phone storage' under it so that means?

Thanks for reading, Maks

Screenshot_2014-12-21-16-47-59.png
Screenshot_2014-12-21-16-48-15.png

P.S I also have a SD Card if that can help.

Last edited:
Internal Storage is the actual phone itself, I have a Nexus 4 without an SD card and this is what I calls it. I will then deduce that Phone Storage is your SD card. You can move some Apps to the SD card by Settings\Apps\Select App then on some that are non-critical you can more them to the SD Card. You will need to look to see which ones can and can't. I believe that there is also on option to run apps from SD cards (I think it is under security - but this from memory). Hope this helps.

Reactions: maksy13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones