What is Sprint TV?

Last Updated:

1. bbenny

bbenny Member This Topic's Starter

there website Sprint TV - Mobile TV from Sprint doesn't expand very much on the topic.

1. what is sprint TV?

2. how much is it?

3. how will it look / work on the EVO?

thx.

Advertisement
  2. stroths

stroths Well-Known Member

The info below came from this link. SprintTV is free on most or all of the newer plans. You can pay ~$10 more to get the "Xtra" version which adds more channels. I don't use it much myself, but it's not too bad.

With Sprint TV, don't miss a show, news report, movie or your favorite teams' latest games. Get 24/7 instant access to top tier entertainment on your phone

RedsGT and bbenny like this.
  3. dodgeis4me

dodgeis4me Active Member

This $10 more a month for the evo going to pay for the extra channels?

4. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

I really don't even think it has been established yet what the 10 dollars is paying for yet, and we may never.

And just an FYI I have had my Hero for 5 month and have used sprint tv all of once.

5. VGPOP

VGPOP Well-Known Member

I wonder what the quality will be with 4G.

I'm looking forward for this. My bill will be like $100/month, if I decide to get this.

6. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I'm personally looking forward to Sprint TV. ESPN and Speed on the go? Yes please! I don't really need the Xtra package.

7. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

I highly doubt the extra ten bucks will give you sprint tv extra. Of you are on the road a lot and don't have access to tv it is a handy feature. I've watched games before while the wife drove home.

8. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Even on 3G, I think the quality is amazing. Don't watch a heck of a lot of TV as it is, but useful when I am stuck somewhere and run out of things I want to read

9. Mikesnap

Mikesnap Well-Known Member

I'm upgrading from a Moto Q i've had for like 3 years and haven't upgraded. That being said I could this this being extremely handy at times. For instance....

Back in January i helped my brother move from Virginia to Denver CO. Well we packed up a Uhaul and drove nonstop there and by the evening of the 2nd day we were crossing the nothingness of Kansas. Well this night happened to by the night of the College football championship this year and i had to listen to it on the radio and keep searching for channels on the radio as we lost them driving.

I just can't stop thinking if only i had something like this to watch instead of just listening lol.

10. skinnyguy

skinnyguy Well-Known Member

would be nice if they did include the extra channels since we ARE paying for a PREMIUM EXPERIENCE.

11. NiCK Crush

NiCK Crush Well-Known Member

is it live ESPN?

12. skinnyguy

skinnyguy Well-Known Member

i think i'd rather have hotspot over any sprint tv

13. icebergslim3000

icebergslim3000 Well-Known Member

SprintTV comes with the Everything Data plan. That's the minimum plan you can use to purchase the EVO. Therefore every EVO has SprintTV.

14. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

They call it "live" but it really isn't. Its not normal tv though either.

15. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Yeah same here. I'm good with those channels.

16. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

It will be awesome that the kids can watch the Disney channel on the wife's phone while on roadtrips.

Will the phone still ring if someone is watching TV on 3G? Does it just stop receiving the broadcast if the call is answered? (since no simultaneous 3G and voice).

17. samplerate

samplerate Well-Known Member

yes, it will pause the data session when you receive a call (it will still ring), and when you hang up the stream will restart

18. jtemple42000

jtemple42000 Well-Known Member

I use to like Sprint TV. When I got my Mogul a few years ago, i got Sprint TV. All of the channels were included, all of them. Then Sprint changed the channel line-up and most of the channels that I watched went to a subscription type channel. I called Sprint and questioned them about it. They did seem to care. When I renewed my contract with the mogul, it was included, all of them. Then sometime during that contract period, they changed it. I haven't, used it much since then, I am surely not going to pay for a channel that I use to get for free..

FYI...

The Foxnews channel, was the same feed from the TV, it was delayed a few minutes...there were a few other channels that were the same way.

19. samplerate

samplerate Well-Known Member

Although cool, sprint TV is kind of limited, i would rather wait for sling player for android to come out, then i can have full access to my DVR.

hopefully sling player for android supports the EVO's HDMI port

20. 80s_kid

80s_kid Well-Known Member

sprint tv is ok, but i use orb live to stream all the movies and music i have on my pc. its works great on my hero, and i would expect it to be even better on the EVO.

21. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

Fox News is now only avail in Sprint TV Xtra, which I subscribe to. It is LIVE just like through the TV...and no 2 minute delay anymore. :)

I wish someone could verify whether or not Fox News, MSNBC, etc. are included in the EVO package w/o having to also subscribe to Xtra (10 dollars a month)...I kin of doubt it, though. :/