• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is this update?

Hoo

Lurker
Aug 17, 2010
Hi

I've got an unbranded Legend currently on Vodafone, and I got an update notification today. Great, I think, Froyo at last. But, it describes the update version as 2.05.405.2 (24.37MB). I Googled this, and it appears to be an old update that I definitely don't want - it breaks SMS messaging.
Can anyone tell me how I get the latest version? I've tried running 'Check for Updates' many times, but I always get offered the same one.

Current phone software is:
Firmware 2.1
Baseband version 47.26.35.04U_7.05.35.26L
Kernel version 2.6.29-e3993620 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Build number 1.31.405.5 CL154058 release-keys
Software number 1.31.405.5
Browser Webkit 3.1

erm i think the only way is to find an up to date firmware and flash it yourself onto the phone. Is the update meant to be via software or OTE. If its via software on your pc, there may be a way to force it to update your phone to froyo(which is what i did with my Galaxy S) it basically presents your phone as being unlocked and offers the update.

Upvote 0
I've sorted this. The answer was there in page 3 of the thread ' FroYo 2.2 for Legend', but the page wasn't loading yesterday.
You have to install update 2.05.405.2, which does mess up SMS messaging, but then once that's installed the Froyo update is immediately available.

Now, does anyone know if you can set a lock screen picture in Froyo, like you could in 2.1? I really miss mine.
Also, it seems that you can't disable sync of Google mail, like you could in 2.1. Anyone know if that can be done? I assume if I delete the Google account completely them Market won't work?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones