• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What keyboard are YOU using?

They had a free beta version before the pay-for app, which I snagged just in time. They removed it and mine stopped working but it gave me a taste of how the keyboard worked and sold me on it.

I would suggest viewing the video found on the app page, https://market.android.com/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey&feature=search_result , read the comments and decide if you want to have a go with it. You should be able to ask for a refund within 15mins if you don't like it.

Upvote 0
So I installed the Swype beta and it does not seem to be coming up when I use the keyboard. The keyboard settings say to use Swype but the keyboard looks the same as normal.

Is Swiftkey $3.99 or is there a free version? I could not find anything other than Swiftkey X.

To activate the swype, open a text box and press on the text box until the input method window pops up. Click on that and then you can select swype.

Upvote 0
Swype, baby.

Swype version 3.26 available for download to beta users! I just got it & it is great!
Redesigned keyboard layout, gestures, copy & paste, number row, redesigned settings menu, no need for the stupid installer & having to do a fresh install every time you update after this.

Rumors of different skins & color trace lines coming soon as the first auto update!
Awesome! Swype, baby! It's the best & just got better!!!

Swype Beta Updated to Version 3.26 – New Color Scheme Soon, Automatic Updates - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Upvote 0
I ran the old installer, got a message that a new version was available, then got a could not parse error. So I went to Swype | Text Input for Screens and downloaded the new installer. Ran it and it says Swype installed. It didn't update. I'm still on 3.25. How do you get the new version?

* You would think I would remember this. You have to uninstall Swype before you can update. The new version looks really fuzzy to me but seems to be working better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones