• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What kind of backup should I do

MTC

May 10, 2010
Well I have some free time so I decided to finally root my phone. As of last night, I am successfully rooted. I am about to load a rom but doing so won't I lose all of my data (contacts/pics/calendar/etc...).

I did that nandroid backup but Isn't that just to go back to normal, not reload my contacts on my phone.

What is the best and easiest way to backup all my data to reload on my new rom.

I know this is probably posted somewhere else or is a very obvious answer so I will apologize in advance :D

I use titanium backup to back up my data. It'll back up your apps w/ their data, your system data (although when restoring system data it can cause problems with another ROM). I don't remember what it cost but it was definitely worth the money. You can schedule times to backup if you want as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones