• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Motorcycle do You Own?

330D

From My Cold Dead Hands
Mar 4, 2010
upstate NY
So it has been spoken about starting a moto specific thread, and every day I see more people with user names that have to do with their bikes, so I just had to do it.....

Anything moto related would work... What you ride, wished you could ride etc.

Currently I am bikeless, but my last bike was a 2003 Suzuki SV1000s, My next one will be a Ducati Multistrada Testastretta....

Ooh ooh bike thread.

06 GSXR 1000 (PSA: ignore the strips, I just put the tire on, only 25 miles on it :))

600x450.jpg

Upvote 0
Oh, how I miss my '76 BMW R90/6, especially with spring upon us here in the northland. Had to sell it years ago because I couldn't afford the repairs :(. It was an ex-police bike from Hawaii and still had the cop sticker on the rear shock. Got it from a Hell's Angel (or wannabe - really not sure) who a friend knew. I thought it best not to ask how it came into his possession...

At least another friend sometimes let's me borrow his Harley Softail.

Enjoy the ride friends!

Upvote 0
I currently ride a Yamaha FZ6, it's used every day in all weather for commuting and for some fun at the weekends in the summer when the wife allows. I've just put some BT-016's on it after being a long time Strada fan but the 016's had a great deal on them. So far I'm liking them very much! I just hope they don't scrub off too quickly with all my commuting.

I previously had a Suzuki SV650S and at the end of the summer I'll probably be getting a Yamaha FZ1 but would also look at the FZ8 if the price is right. At the moment though it looks like there won't be a huge price difference in which case it'll be the FZ1 for sure.

Attachments

• IMAG0008_edit0.jpg
    IMAG0008_edit0.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 0
I want a bike :(
I'm too scared to leave the soft, forgiving sand dunes!
Actual pavement seems so..... painful.
If I ever do get up the guts to buy one I was looking at the yamaha r6 as long as there's no gold on it which is all ive seen lately. I don't want something too powerful that will kill me so I guess it's good to start with, plus i'm used to riding dirtbikes/quads in sand or dirt which seems easier to me.

Upvote 0
I want a bike :(
I'm too scared to leave the soft, forgiving sand dunes!
Actual pavement seems so..... painful.
If I ever do get up the guts to buy one I was looking at the yamaha r6 as long as there's no gold on it which is all ive seen lately. I don't want something too powerful that will kill me so I guess it's good to start with, plus i'm used to riding dirtbikes/quads in sand or dirt which seems easier to me.

May I suggest taking the motorcycle safety foundation beginner course?
Look into it, it is the best thing a beginning rider can do. They teach tons of good stuff and when you are done, you get your license. No road test.

My wife took it and absolutely loved it. She learned so much, and most of it is not what you'd think. They promote a very proactive riding style, and complete awareness of your situations.

And on another note, I personally would recommend not getting a high strung bike like the R6 for a first bike. Get yourself a used sv650s. They are fairly forgiving, comfortable, cheap, and reliable. Great bikes to learn on. And you could probably sell one for just about as much as you bought it for if you get it used and feel you outgrow it. (Most experts would say that it is a difficult bike to outgrow, though)

Anyway, good luck and once you're bitten by the moto bug, It's all downhill....;)

Upvote 0
+1 to what 330D has said. When I passed my test about 4 years ago I had big ideas on hopping onto a CBR600 until my uncle recommended the SV.

I look back now and think how glad I am I made the decision to get the SV, as 330D mentioned it is a great bike to learn on and is very forgiving where other bikes may not be. I think also it has teached me a lot of discipline on a bike and would feel confident in stepping up to the 1000+ CC bikes.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I went from no experience riding at all straight onto a 2006 CBR 600RR. I can't say I regret my decision at all but even at 6'1 and 235lbs the bike is a beast of a bike and as it is a race bike it was very unforgiving. I took the MSF class (excellent idea for anyone interested in getting a bike), and also took my time learning the bike in neighborhoods and riding only occasionally early mornings or mid day on weekends in area's I knew and was comfortable in so I could learn the bike. You really have to respect what they are capable of and gear up properly.

www.rockthegear.com

;)

2 wheels > 4 wheels

Upvote 0
Haha don't break my balls...

2009_Honda_Metropolitan_Base.jpg

I honestly never thought to get a bike but I have a ridiculously short commute through the city on 25mph streets so I got it to save money on gas and parking.

Yeah, I know...not a proper motorcycle but I figured you could all use a chuckle. It's definitely good for what it is: cheap and fun. I put $3 in the tank every month and pay like $1.25 per day to park at work versus $11 for the car.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones