• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What operating system do you use?

What OS do you use on your pc/laptop/netbook/whatever

• Total voters
Jack, get yourself a "live" distro of linux so you can try it out before installing (try ubuntu ), it allows you to download and burn a cd, boot with the cd in your pc and try linux booting direct from the cd. There are a lot of linux gurus on this site who will be willing to help you if you have any questions or problems, myself included

Upvote 0
Ubuntu at home, OpenSuse at work. I don't particularly like Suse, but we are a Novell partner, so you know how that goes.

Completely windows free except for of course programs that don't quite run well in Wine such as DVDFab , Blackberry Desktop (not going to use it for much longer!) and other programs that i don't want to ramble on about.

Only been using linux a year now, love it and how customizable it is, which is probably why i love android already.

Upvote 0
I was bored this morning, and went and downloaded Ubuntu. I have used redhat, slackware, BSD and debian in the past quite a lot so jumping in and getting Ubuntu up and running was quick and painless.

Now to get my laptop dual booting, I 'm not going to remove Vista just yet, I still use Photoshop, Corel Paint, Visual Studio and reason a fair bit and apart from Gimp there isn't anything really that gets close to those on Linux

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones