• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What should I do?

droid_head

Android Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2010
Indiana
I'm waiting on my Incredible replacement, which is SUPPOSED (lol) to ship on 7/1. Verizon has offered me $50 off a Droid X for my troubles with my first Incredible and the backorder situation.

My question here is should I keep my Incredible when it arrives or wait for the Droid X?

I've heard you can't turn off motoblur on the Drod X and its seems huge.

Just looking for opinions.

Thanks

Personally, I would wait for the Incredible. No real tangible reason other than my own personal bias against devices with screens over 4". After playing with the EVO, I came away feeling like it was just too big for a pocket device. I'd say the 3.7" Incredible is the top end of screen size for what I would personally like.

If you don't mind the size, the Droid X doesn't look like a bad device. If you can, go into a store and play with both the Incredible and the EVO (doubt you can touch the X yet) and see if the size is an issue.

Upvote 0
Personally, I would wait for the Incredible. No real tangible reason other than my own personal bias against devices with screens over 4". After playing with the EVO, I came away feeling like it was just too big for a pocket device. I'd say the 3.7" Incredible is the top end of screen size for what I would personally like.

If you don't mind the size, the Droid X doesn't look like a bad device. If you can, go into a store and play with both the Incredible and the EVO (doubt you can touch the X yet) and see if the size is an issue.

that's a good idea. i've already had the incredible and loved the compactness, yet it was plenty big. I'll swing into a sprint store and check out the evo. i agree that although more is better, the screens are getting a little too big.

And, i probably won't even use the HDMI and other options. The ONE thing I like is the noise cancelling microphones. That would be nice adn I'm shocked the Incredible did not have it. The Nexus one has this as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones