• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What should I do?

God bless you for doing that. There is nothing more faith building than to put it all on the line. I wish more of us Christians (including myself) would get out of the pews, realize that we are the church, go out and serve the world. So many of us squabble and argue over small and petty things that don't make a flies hair worth a difference in the kingdom of heaven when out in the world people die or are tortured for confessing Christ or reading a Bible.

I am proud of you SS.

You should really read a book called Jesus Freaks by DC Talk. It's really really good. Or pdf.

Here is a quote I hope all the rest of my Christian friends really like.

We are created to be living examples of God's love to a hurting world.

There are people who actually walk over 40+ miles just to have the chance to see a bible in some countries. Countless others have been executed for owning their bible. These persecutors don't understand that that book is us Christian's most valuable possession especially the ones that literally have theirs and their families life on the line.

I know not everyone can serve in other countries to defend the rights of people's religious freedom and other human rights violations, but here is a good link to give aid to people who are being persecuted for their belief.

http://www.persecution.com

Here's one of my favorites from the Jesus Freaks book

Attachments

• 1378556533847.jpg
    1378556533847.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 0
Low in iron is generally the cause of anemia. What folks generally talk about lacking with a vegetarian diet are B vitamins, specifically B12. There are ways to attain them through grains (and mixing certain items). I was a vegetarian for 13 years and never really took vitamin supplements.
What Everyone (Especially Vegetarians) Should Know About B12 Deficiency

Absolutely!!!!
My doctor has me take b12 injections regularly .. I also can get anemic because of being a veg.. But not often!! .. Spinach has more iron than meat.. Lots of foods do.. Green onions beats etccc.. All do.. I crave them when my iron is low so its easy to control... But b12 is extremely important esp for veg! I bet you are right and that is probably what he was lacking!!
@ss.. see?:D you can go back to being a veg now!!!;)

Upvote 0
Thank you for those those encouraging words. :')

Basically from 4-7 I was beaten on a daily basis by my meth head step dad and mom.
Then from from 7-12 I heard it all
"you're worthless. "
" the devil even thinks your crap. "
Once I retorted to my step grandma every human being has rights and deserves the best in life.
" People do have rights. But you're not a person. You're nothing. " was her response. (9 years old at this time)
When I was half way to 10 was when I was prescribed adderal.

Some of you may know this and some of you don't. But in the early 2000s was when the "add adhd boom" came. Well they were giving way to high doses to kids. I was one of them. I couldn't eat until way late at night. So I would sneak and eat out of the fridge at 10 or so.

Step grandma caught a wiff of it.. So she would make sure I wouldn't eat. From 9 1/2 - 12 I was 85-95 lbs and 4 foot 8? I was basically malnourished and starving in an upper class city "North Richland Hills"

It's kind of ironic. Starving kids in Africa and I was starving in America. It's weird to think of it now.

But anyways from 12-18 my dad called me a ****** stupid lazy good for nothing etc. Etc.

I had to fight him a few times because he would try to choke me sometimes.

I hold no ill will for any of my tormentors. But I learned much.

If anyone who views this thread is underage or stuck in an abusive household. Leave. Tell someone.

Don't let it continue! If you keep letting it happen you'll turn out like me.

Also if you are in school and think someone is being abused visit here.
Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline | Childhelp

Tell a parent or trusted adult to visit also to help.

Seems to me you're turning out quite well. That's not to say people should put up with abusive situations, but that a person can (and you obviously are doing so) move on from them...

Upvote 0
So just talked to a mental health place that may help me get the help I need.
I'm so glad you've taken that first step.

I indeed have severe depression.
That's what it sounded like. It's good that you have an actual diagnosis now.

Random weird fact of the day..

For most of my life I have heard a strange language in my head that isn't real, and apparently that is a sign of depression. Weird.
Hmmmm...I don't know about that. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones