• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What should I get? The CLIQ or Moment?

marik1234

Lurker
Dec 11, 2009
I'm on T-Mobile and have a G1 right now, after trying out both the 2 new phones the G1 just doesn't cut it for me anymore...they're sooo much faster than the G1. I also NEED a keyboard and they're the best 2 options for keyboard phones out right now, I'm not going to Verizon, especially with their $350 ETF aside from the prices and whatnot. I like T-Mo because they have the most phones and nice ones and great prices and their 3G/network is amazing for me in NYC, but Sprint also has amazing prices and coverage but mainly they have ****in NFL Mobile Live which I want bad, Sprint TV is also good. Used to use those 2 apps on my G1 when they dumped them from the Hero but Sprint blocked them. :( Anyway the only thing I didn't like about the CLIQ was it's keyboard, it was horrible, everything else about the phone was amazing tho. I could prolly get used to it tho, the Moment has a nice keyboard. The CLIQ just got rooted and it's looking good for root/homebrew, there's gonna be custom ROMs for it soon and I have no use for motoblur. The Moment is rooted too from what I found on Google but it's only partial root so far IIRC.

Damn help me out, I can't decide on which I want. Oh btw about the price my friend will sell me his 2 week old CLIQ for $300 if I want it and I can continue to use my T-Mo contract for that, or my friend can hook me up with a nice deal for the Moment on a new contract with Sprint with someone who he knows that can get me, and got him the Sprint employee discount...$50 for that, the Moment would be $100 on a new contract but it's pretty nice. I think I might go with the CLIQ since it'd be easier for me to just buy it and pop my SIM card in right away...but I'm gonna miss the dedicated number row on the keyboard even though I can prolly get used to that...but NFL Mobile Live! Damn, hard decision.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones