• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what should RIM do with the BlackBerry line?

MonmouthDroid

Nov 9, 2009
My phone before my Droid was a blackberry curve. I really enjoyed this phone, and the keyboard, despite being smaller than my Droids, was sooo much better. I did like my curve a lot. But I wanted a phone that was on the cutting edge and impressive. So i ditched BlackBerry for Android. Here is what it would take for me to even thinking about looking at blackberry ever again. Will i ever go back to them? Probably not. I LOVE android and all my phones will be android for the foreseeable future.
My Plan for RIM
They need to take an approach that keeps their business friendly features but injects a much needed cool factor. One could be a pre style phone, call this line the bold, think a Storm 2 + BB OS6 + slideout traditional BB keyboard. Then an upper line in the Tour name. This could be more g1/cliq/droid profile where you get a more two hand friendly keyboard. do a 3.2 or 3.5 on the bold line and a 3.5 or 3.7 on the tour line. They could keep the storm name with a no keyboard option and the Curve name with a traditional Blackberry layout but put a touch screen on it (think palm centro or treo 755p, only with a capacitive screen)

The new BlackBerry OS6 has promise, it just need hardware to support it. I think this could make RIM a real player (sales wise, not marketshare wise) outside of the business sector again.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones