• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What SMS App do you use?

For those of us who don't use Google voice, it would be nice if this was just a standard Android feature. My last phone (HTC Evo 4G LTE) had the option to block someone right from the stock Contacts app (you did have to add them to your contacts but it was easy enough to do). I thought it WAS a standard Android feature, but this phone (LG G2) doesn't do that.

Upvote 0
I remember when you had to go through your service provider to block a number and they would charge you and exorbitant amount of money to do so. That being said, I use Avast! mobile anti-virus which comes with a number blocker so it not being an android feature hasn't affected me much. I think the reason it hasn't been added as a feature is because so many apps can do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones