What sources do you use to research a ROM?

Last Updated:

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Wondering if anyone can help me with my research process. For the sake of this post lets say im interested in IncDoes MIUI, but im nervous about issues, or curious about what others have to say.

Just wondering how in-depth some of you go, or do you just flash it and hope for the best?

Personally, I check the Wiki page on this site:
    IncDoes MIUI - The Incredible List

Then follow through to the XDA thread if its listed:
    [ROM] IncDoes MIUI - "Complete UI Overhaul" [v0.4] Oct-6th - xda-developers

And lastly i check AF to see if there is a thread open, and what ppl have to say. In this case there is:
    http://androidforums.com/incredible-roms/184736-rom-incdoes-miui-complete-ui-overhaul.html

The problem im having, is that there is SOOO much info, so many users, so many posts, so many threads. I dont know what bugs have been fixed, which are unresolved, which were just user-error, etc.

I get so caught up in trying to research, that my A.D.D kicks in and i lose interest sometimes lol

Just wondering if anyone has another source of info that can save me some time? Mainly im concerned about known issues i guess.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

3. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Right i should have mentioned, I do see the known issues on most ROM's listed on the list thread. And then also in first post in forum thread. Sometimes they match, sometimes they dont. Most times users are posting even more issues ....

Ahh god forget it, ill just flash um and pray lol

Sorry for the dopey thread, just wondered if there was another, more up to date source that i may not know of

4. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Sometimes thats the best way, just make a nandroid and then have fun flashing, if you dont like it then revert. I know, its really hard to filter through 200 xda pages on one rom. Thats why i like to read there and post here for questions

5. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

XDA and that's it. I'll pop over here if I'm really stuck.

6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Have Nandroid, will travel. :D