• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What the?!?!... Whats going on.

Spec-Kie

Jan 17, 2013
North East UK.
Alright guys
i have a picture of task manager here as soon as i booted my computer up.
juts have a look and see what ya think?

CPU.jpg

Thats with nothing open apart from Avast.

Not amazingly slow but sure can tell the difference.

This is just after your computer boots? are you sure it's not things that are related to booting? I never used vista, but I know that in win7 it will put me to the desktop as soon as that is loaded, and my CPU usage will still spike for a little while it loads up everything that runs in the background (antivirus,dropbox,etc.)

Upvote 0
I know that in win7 it will put me to the desktop as soon as that is loaded, and my CPU usage will still spike for a little while it loads up everything that runs in the background (antivirus,dropbox,etc.)

Too true. Even after coming out of hibernation, it's a good couple of minutes before my Win7 lappie is actually useable. Extremely frustrating. It has four cores, FFS: shirley I could get the use of just one of 'em!

Upvote 0
Is there anything else running on the host? Another VM, maybe?

One place I worked we had a problem with the AV on VMs: everything was getting checked on the VM and on the host - the machine was basically using 90% of its resource virus checking.

BTW, in Task Manager, I assume you're looking at processes from all user.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones