• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What video editor is super-simple for a non-technical person?

Paddy Landau

Apr 1, 2013
United Kingdom
Someone I know needs a super-simple video editor.

All that they want to do is take a really long home-made video (filmed on their phone), extract a few interesting clips, and throw away the rest. It is perfectly OK, even desirable, if the extracted clips are left as separate videos rather than being spliced together.

Every video editor that I've looked at has a whole range of fancy effects. None of that is needed. Just the ability to intuitively extract the interesting clips.

What can you suggest, please?

Someone I know needs a super-simple video editor.

All that they want to do is take a really long home-made video (filmed on their phone), extract a few interesting clips, and throw away the rest. It is perfectly OK, even desirable, if the extracted clips are left as separate videos rather than being spliced together.

Every video editor that I've looked at has a whole range of fancy effects. None of that is needed. Just the ability to intuitively extract the interesting clips.

What can you suggest, please?
Have you tried youtube, that is really a basic and simple video editor. I did it a few times on my channel around December.

Upvote 0
Have you tried youtube, that is really a basic and simple video editor.
Thanks for the idea. The person doesn't have a YouTube channel, but I'll discuss this. It may be too complicated for her.

It might be better for me to take the video and do it for her, but I wouldn't necessarily know which clips she'd want to keep.

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
If you are non-technical person then i will recommend you use alight motion this is best video editor and simple or easy to use. go for it and main thing is it is free of cost
Thank you for the suggestion. I've just tried it. It reminds me of Audacity, but it's neither intuitive nor easy. I couldn't get it to play audio, nor could I find a way to clip an item. If I can't figure it out, then my friend won't be able to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones