What would cause phone not to charge?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I have an ebay "IMAX" charger, this one right here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Battery-AC-WALL...529422?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3f01d2c34e and I believe there's another brand that's pretty much the same thing(Yiboyuan); these chargers double as a USB wall outlet/adapter.

Anyways a couple days ago I plugged in the USB cable to my phone and although it gave the "charge status" on the phone, but the battery did not charge. The phone also got pretty hot. It was at 50% when I charged it and 50% when I unplugged it maybe 3-4hrs later. The USB cable is the one that comes with the phone and works completely fine when hooked up to another wall adapter.

Is anyone also using the same charger? If so does USB work fine for you?

Advertisement
  2. mcapehart

mcapehart Active Member

I have this behavior using an official VZW car charger. Charging indicator on, but it never charges, and like you, mine gets hot. I don't have the charger you mention, but mine always charges fine using A/C chargers, both OEM and otherwise.

K2e2vin likes this.
  3. icrazy2u

icrazy2u Well-Known Member

One time my phone wouldn't charge, so all I did was take the battery out and put it back in and it was fine. That could work for you.

K2e2vin likes this.
  4. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys. That's really weird though as I don't have a problem with the car charger(Kensington).

icrazy2u, did you try any other chargers when it did this?

I should add, that when it was doing this(charge status but not charging), the phone was VERY laggy; to the point that I thought it froze. I'd swipe to unlock and it would just sit there...after about 10 tries it finally goes to the home screen but is still very laggy.