• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats going on with my s3?

Since the summer Ive noticed the battery life is draining quicker and it takes forever to charge. I just left it charging starting at 5% and went up to 9% in an hour.

Also, calls sometimes aren't able to connect/texts don't send for 10-15 mins at a time. Its shut off randomly a few times as well for no reason. Is it starting to die? Any tips or suggestions?

Since the summer Ive noticed the battery life is draining quicker and it takes forever to charge. I just left it charging starting at 5% and went up to 9% in an hour.

Also, calls sometimes aren't able to connect/texts don't send for 10-15 mins at a time. Its shut off randomly a few times as well for no reason. Is it starting to die? Any tips or suggestions?

How old is the battery? my feeling is it's a battery that is failing.:(

Upvote 0
I'd suggest checking out the anker brand on amazon.

Much cheaper, still reliable, and you don't have to worry about Chinese fakes or paying huge $$$ for one from Samsung directly.

I think you can get 2 slightly extended anker batteries + wall charger for less than half of what Samsung charges for 1 battery

The "Samsung" ones on amazon are very hit or miss with Chinese fakes

Upvote 0
I did have good luck. Had it over a year without an issue. I didn't buy it from that seller. I ordered OEM from Amazon for $16 last year.

Am not down posting Amazon have bought many items from them. I just posted the Samasung web site, as it's a safe bet you get a quality battery there. Anyway it's up to the OPs to buy where ever they feel is best for them.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones