• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats the deal with VZW not pimping the dInc?

Although android marketing is just about everywhere these days, I think the manufacturers, in particular HTC are missing out on gaining name recognition like apple and moto have. Every couple of months there is a new HTC phone with a new name that most of the buying public doesn't care about because there isn't a singular focus on their product. If they were to use the Droid Incredible (or EVO or Eris or...) name for their line of phones regardless of the carrier they could focus advertising on the brand and its functions. Tout the customization, the apps, the widgets, the folders, the speed, the track pad, etc. Give the carriers a great focused product and give that product a life span of more than six months and the Incredible will be as recognizable as the iphone. Concentrate your resources into creating an outstanding device and make big technology leaps with each new incarnation and the minions will stand in line for days waiting to get theirs. Not to mention a more focused product line typically equals better ability to mass produce which reduces the chance of short supplies. As it stands now 90% of the public hears the name droid and they think motorola regardless of what comes after the droid moniker.

Upvote 0
I like the optical mouse thing. It's nice to move the cursor slowly to correct. I don't know why they don't all enlarge the screen like the iphone for cursor placement. The optical button could be very useful if utilized properly by software. Also don't know why you cant answer a call or hang up by pressing it.

Upvote 0
They should have stuck with naming them all "DROID" and paid Moto whatever they wanted. That is a great marketing campagne and could have blanketted all of them.

BTW can i get some company in here?

is the dInc really old news already?? - Verizon Wireless Community

thanks

Verizon is licensing the name "Droid" from Lucasfilm. They are using it to market their Android base devices. That's why HTC has the Droid incredible with Verizon and the Evo doesn't have Droid in the name.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones