• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the difference between Normal & HD version of a game?

Fireflies

Oct 25, 2012
Just wondering if android apps works like iphone apps where the Normal version has the same quality on the phone as the HD version on the tablet. Or does it make a difference if I use the HD version of the app on the phone?

Since we're on this topic, do I use the tablet version for galaxy note 2? (because of the large screen). :thinking:

In most cases, the HD version won't show up on phablets like the Note, because well, they are considered as phones For example, on my phone, when I search for Bad piggies, Bad piggies HD does not appear in the search results since i am searching from a phone. However I see the HD version when I search on the tablet. Usually, the HD version is just optimized for use on a bigger screen, or uses an aspect ratio of greater value than the non HD version. Basically that means it looks better on a bigger screen while the non HD will look fuzzy. If your case is that you can see both versions, pick the HD one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones