• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Whats the easiest method (fresh, toast, etc) to get rooted wireless tether?

richtj99

Feb 3, 2010
Hi,

I have been reading myself in circles & am a bit confused on which way to go. I am enjoying the Evo but I would like the wireless tether. I guess there are other rooted things in the future I could install but the big draw for me is replacing my wmwifirouter on my WM device on my Evo.

I just dont know what the downsides are for one over other other. I think that Fresh has tethering already built in but I dont know if there are issues with the SD card or other items.

Or should I just get the stock rom that is rooted over at XDA?

Any advice would be great. I feel like i am stuck.

Thanks,
Rich

I am pretty happy with the performance of the stock rom. I also dont really know any better but I am not really looking to deal with bugs/problems at this point. I think as the device gets more mature the processes & options will be better. Once 2.2 comes out, that will be another hurtle.

Doesnt unrevoked 'unroot' after each reboot?

Is there a benefit of fresh .02 vs unrevoked?

Thanks,
RIch

Upvote 0
I followed the instructions to root via unrevoked and I installed the the titanium backup. It now wants to me put the rooted stock rom on it. I thought unrevocked was an app. I really don't want to put a new ROM on, I just want wireless tether. Any thoughts? Do I need to put the custom ROM on to get access to the tether app? I'm confused, help please

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones