• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the most you can oc? Anyone able to hit 2106?

Shroomz

Aug 12, 2010
I have messed around for a while and found a stable setup at 1890 on the pacman rom with "significant" undervolting. Sometimes I could get 1998 to run for a while.

I switched to paranoidandroid and have found a stable setup for 1998 that I can run at boot while also undervolting. I have the two lowest frequencies at 750 and I move up slowly from there. The only value I left alone is 1998.

I use ktoonservative with zen while on palmar, but now I have been running with row.

Anyone have any advice to get to 2106? I've tested moving up to it a number of times and a few times my phone wouldn't immediately freeze so I think I could possibly..?

I accidentally moved my slider to 2106 and it has been running through a quadrant and a light game and I'm posting without a reboot. Definitely the longest I've gone.

Temp seems to be running in the high 30s and low 40s

Well, it rebooted during my 3rd quadrant benchmark.

I never really thought about heat lol. It seems that my phone probably has spent a good amount of time in dangerous waters when I'm having constant reboots...guess I'll think twice about this.

Upvote 0
I usualy get a reboot if the voltage is too low mate. Did u take a screenshot of the quadrant result? Think this has been my highest uploadfromtaptalk1367958174661.jpg
(1.7Ghz)
But Quadrant is weird.. it seems to score high when your app cache and RAM are really full

Upvote 0
I usualy get a reboot if the voltage is too low mate. Did u take a screenshot of the quadrant result? Think this has been my highest View attachment 54304
(1.7Ghz)
But Quadrant is weird.. it seems to score high when your app cache and RAM are really full

Yeah it is weird. Definitely nothing impressive and I'm sure I've had higher scores when I had it clocked lower. Right before I tried to run some more tests, I realized cpuspy was showing nothing over 1890 was even being used so I don't know.

a2eqe4am.jpg

I am pretty sure this is one from an earlier 2106 or a 1998

uzuzumy9.jpg

I think this was at 1890

gu9e3aga.jpg

I seem to recall getting over 6k, maybe like 6.2,but that was a long time ago and I had to wipe all my data recently

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Yeah i lost my screenshots recently. i quite like Geekbench 2 as a benchmark app but they should all be taken with a pinch of salt tbh. Like sometimes the phone can feel really snappy and slick but benchmarks score low so its all down to what you experience as feeling good and having decent battery life. Im usualy at Min: 200Mhz Max 1.7Ghz with Pegasusq governor and Row i/o scheduler and its nice. Remember we're both on different chip-sets though (im on the quad core)

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones