What's your favorite media player?General

Last Updated:

1. Capeguy

Capeguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This will be my first Android phone, and I'm looking for a good media player. I listen to music all the time so an audio player is especially important to me.

How is the mp3 player that comes with the Incredible? Does anyone have any recommendations on a good audio app? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

bTunes it looks and feels just like the ipod interface.

Capeguy likes this.
  3. pw-man

pw-man Well-Known Member

Would also like feedback on being able to do things like song rating (on mp3s), play count and replaygain...

Those are my 3 big requirements beyond a great interface, etc... (yeah, yeah, cake and eat it too)

:)

pw-man

4. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

I don't know of any music apps that will do what you are looking for, however you might want to give tunewiki a look see. Honestly though the stock music app included with the phone does a good job, its not a nice as btunes or tunewiki but it does include lockscreen controls. btunes also includes a layer on top of the lockscreen for controls but if you want to retain the stock lockscreen and just adding audio controls the stock music app is your only choice for now. I think once you begin to play with it you'll see how good the stock app works and be fine with it, if not the other 2 music apps are well worth a look. And if you buy btunes and don't like it you can always get a refund within 24 hours of installing it.

5. mike146

mike146 Active Member

does anyone know of an app that plays FLAC files? I haven't been able to find one yet. Would love to have that ability and not have to convert files for use on the phone.

6. liquidicem

liquidicem Active Member

Does the stcok app allow bookmarks? I listen to alot of audiobooks and being able to save bookmarks is a must have for me. Any suggestions for a player if the stock app can't handle this?

7. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

I don't know wether or not you can bookmark audio files, i'm guessing probably not. I don't have a need for doing such so i've never bothered to look.

8. Capeguy

Just as an aside, one of the best pc apps that I have used for large music collections including flac support is Media Monkey. It will sync music with your phone very quickly as well as converting flac files to mp3 on the fly while syncing. This might be a good option if you have a large flac file collection.

It is also multi-threaded and will catalog your collection in the background while listening to music.

I have no vested interest in the software. I'm just a long time satisfied user. :)

mike146 likes this.
  9. tuggy24g

tuggy24g Well-Known Member

10. SecretSexyNinja

SecretSexyNinja Well-Known Member

Capeguy likes this.
  11. mike146

mike146 Active Member

thanks Capeguy...looks interesting...will be checking this out.

12. Capeguy

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

Also, does anyone know anything about a music player called "diggin"? I saw an article that said that it was good but have not been able to find the app yet.

13. Capeguy

Thanks for the info. I've added bTunes and "3" to my list of apps to check out.