• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your favorite media player?

I don't know of any music apps that will do what you are looking for, however you might want to give tunewiki a look see. Honestly though the stock music app included with the phone does a good job, its not a nice as btunes or tunewiki but it does include lockscreen controls. btunes also includes a layer on top of the lockscreen for controls but if you want to retain the stock lockscreen and just adding audio controls the stock music app is your only choice for now. I think once you begin to play with it you'll see how good the stock app works and be fine with it, if not the other 2 music apps are well worth a look. And if you buy btunes and don't like it you can always get a refund within 24 hours of installing it.

Upvote 0
does anyone know of an app that plays FLAC files? I haven't been able to find one yet. Would love to have that ability and not have to convert files for use on the phone.

Just as an aside, one of the best pc apps that I have used for large music collections including flac support is Media Monkey. It will sync music with your phone very quickly as well as converting flac files to mp3 on the fly while syncing. This might be a good option if you have a large flac file collection.

It is also multi-threaded and will catalog your collection in the background while listening to music.

I have no vested interest in the software. I'm just a long time satisfied user. :)

Reactions: mike146
Upvote 0
Just as an aside, one of the best pc apps that I have used for large music collections including flac support is Media Monkey. It will sync music with your phone very quickly as well as converting flac files to mp3 on the fly while syncing. This might be a good option if you have a large flac file collection.

It is also multi-threaded and will catalog your collection in the background while listening to music.

I have no vested interest in the software. I'm just a long time satisfied user. :)

thanks Capeguy...looks interesting...will be checking this out.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones