• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

when I transfer album to phone it lists each song separtly and will not play album

angeleyes32

Lurker
Apr 12, 2014
Hello I have a galaxy s3 when i transfer music from windows media to the music player app on phone , it will take the album and separate it . So it shows up song by song and will not play next song when listening . Please help I like to listen to music when driving . I can not keep hitting next.

Are these compilation albums with different artists names for each track - and are you using the "Album Artist" ID3 tag field?

Some music players need it, some don't. I believe the default Samsung player is one of those that needs the "Album Artist" to be tagged correctly. Otherwise it might not know that a group of tracks with different artists all belong to the same album.
It's explained in-depth here..
http://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2010/10/12/how-to-use-album_artist/f

So for a compilation album with different artists it would be something like.
Track 1, Justin Bieber.
Track 2, Miley Cyrus.
etc. but the "Album Artist" tag would be say "Various Artists". While the album itself might be tagged as something like, "World's greatest singers." or whatever the album name is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones