When to buy a new droid x?

Last Updated:

1. wiebs2334

wiebs2334 New Member This Topic's Starter

I am able to upgrade my phone with verizon tomorrow and was wondering if $199 is what most of you paid for your droid x? Im not sure if i should wait it out for a deal now that black friday has come and gone without any deals

Advertisement
  2. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

If you wait a few months, you may be able to get the Droid X for 1 cent or even free. Now that the Incredible has been out several months members are saying you can get a deal on it. Either buy now for big bucks or later for practically nothing.

3. rehpyc

rehpyc Well-Known Member

Amazon.com has it for $79.99 if under an individual plan, $119.99 if under a family account. For Black Friday/Cyber Monday, many Droids (dunno if all) were going for a penny.. but of course that deal has come and gone.

4. AntDogs

AntDogs Well-Known Member

i got my droid x for 49.99 on amazon.com wireless but that deal is gone now

5. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

Agreed. [​IMG]

6. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

There's reason that the Droid x will be cheaper in a couple months...... because around Feb. 2011 they'll be bringing out the LTE phones.

When the latest and greatest phones are released, the previous "latest and greatest" aren't anymore, so to move them the price drops.

But is a vicious circle..... 3 to 6 months later even better LTE phones will be released. If you want a free phone, you'll forever be 4-8 months behind....

"Isn't fun the best thing to have?" Quote by Arthur, from the movie by the same name.

7. iron_city

iron_city Well-Known Member

$49.99 and free FedEx shipping from Wirefly. They are an online Verizon dealer.

Droid X at Wirefly

EDIT: Looks like the Renewal Price is $79.99. Sorry :-[

8. UserName872

UserName872 Well-Known Member

Dells mobility shop online has the Droid X for 49.99 if you're the primary line or 79.99 if you're a secondary line. My bro just ordered his yesterday and paid the $49.99 instant price, no mail-in-rebates.

For some reason everytime I post the link it navigates back to the HTC Incredible. Go to Dell's online store and select Verizon Renew/Upgrade and pick the Moto Droid X there.

9. k0smo86

k0smo86 Well-Known Member

I hate reading about these deals, I feel like an idiot for not doing more research 3 months ago lol

10. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member