• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When will Desire be back "in stock" in Canada

What's happening is that each Telus store gets 3-5 units of Desires PER shipment, and a shipment happens once every 3 weeks or so and in most areas of Canada the waiting list is long. It's pretty terrible right now, stores like Future Shop, Black's and Best Buy are only selling them with a 3 year contract until more arrives in stock then they can sell them outright.

Upvote 0
I wanted to buy the phone without a contract, and as mentioned Telus is refusing to allow anyone to sell the desires without a 3-year... so, I ended up keeping my eye on kijiji and buying one outright from there (picked it up at seller's house). The downside to that is no warranty from Telus... the upside is that I have a phone now, not several months from now. Also, if you go that route you should consider bringing an active sim card with you and testing it out before you fork over your money.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones