Where APK files are stored ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. talktoanil

talktoanil Well-Known Member

what about .apk files which i downloaded from market ? where do i find that on phone so that i can keep those on HDD and then transfer back to phone in case required.

Advertisement
  2. lcgreen

lcgreen Well-Known Member

You don't need to: You can redownload the free apps at the market anytime, and redownload your bought games from teh market anytime as well. Its really less troublesome as well.

I think the phone disposes of the .apk's once it installs the app on your phone? I dunno.

I can't really help you find it but just telling you that there's no point keeping a backup of your apps as you can download them anytime. Go to maccas or something and connect to WiFi if you are in desperate need of an app you accidentally deleted.

btw distributing apk's of paid apps to other people is bad : (
  3. talktoanil

talktoanil Well-Known Member

i am new to Android and i need to know the location. it has nothing to do with distributing apk of paid apps. I am happy with free apps i have got.
  4. jfarjon

jfarjon New Member

I am wondering why 8 out of 10 precise technical questions are answered by people asking "Why do you want to do this or that..."or assuming that they know everything on every one's needs.

Is this a technical forum or a moralist place for ministers wannabe to lecture people ?
  5. seepage

seepage Well-Known Member

Yes
  6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

On Eclair, all app apks are stored in /system/app. Starting from Froyo, market apps are stored in /data/app while stock apps remain in /system/app. To access these two folders, you need either root explorer or adb, which is a command-line based program for interacting with android. If that doesn't make sense to you, just buy root explorer.

And oh, of course your phone needs to be rooted to use root explorer.
    jamfreak likes this.
  7. robogo

robogo Well-Known Member

snapper.fishes - 10 points. :D
  8. spykar69

spykar69 New Member

use "application monster" apk from market.
    it back all apk that u download from market and save it to sdcard/appmanger/?
    jamfreak likes this.
  9. bobcov

bobcov Member

I could not agree with you more. Too many people reply when they do not have the answer, think they should convince you that you don't need the answer or want to lecture you
  10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Thanks for replying to criticize the other repliers.

Wait - that's off topic.

Besides this thread has been peacefully dead for nearly 4 years.

/closed
    Unforgiven likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.