• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where Did My High-Res Contact Pics Go

androidn0te

Mar 27, 2014
I'm sure this has been covered here in the past, but I searched and couldn't find this particular issue answered.

I just factory reset my phone over the weekend to clear out the cobwebs and reset a few things. When I restored my contacts from the backup, all the images for my people are now low res and regulated to a tiny little box (not the crisp, full screen images I had set previously).

I originally loaded all them from a folder with high resolution jpeg images I transferred to the phones root directory. Do I simply need to return this folder to it's original spot and so the contacts can see it? I've tried this but it's not worked thus far.

I DO NOT want to go back and have to reapply all my contact images individually if possible.

Thnx!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones