Where do email attachments download to?Support

Last Updated:

1. smurph1

smurph1 Well-Known Member

I can download email attachments and view....but where are they??

These do not work like web files, which go into downloads.

Why not?!
    How do we make them?

2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Mail attachments are in the folder Download at your phone storage :)

Install a file manager like ES File Explorer, free in Play Store.
    With ES you can look after the downloaded files.

3. smurph1

I use Androzip, understood, emails files go to download folder on sdcard (on my phone anyway) but aren't viewable in Downloads App, and web downloads are somewhere else, and are viewable in Download Apps.

Am I wrong or is this weird, why cant they all be viewable in Downloads App, and how do i rectify?
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Email attachments and web downloades go in the folder Download on phone's storage (or, if the phone has a SD card, on SD card).
    But only web downloads are shown in the app Downloads, because the web browser was used for this.

5. smurph1

But why, when Android/HTC don't supply a stock file explorer (something I still can't understand), they should all go to the Download App...should be mandatory.....is there a way to set this up?
  6. smurph1

Can I create a widget that is a shortcut to the download folder, so that I can see all (email & web downloads)?
    Thus replacing the Downloads App, as this is what it should be?!?!?
  7. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Yes, a simple shortcut to the folder Download, placed on your home screen, might be a good idea :)

With ES File Explorer I'd long press on folder Download and in the popup menu I'd choose Shortcut.
    You could try this with your file manager.