• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Where does it go when you're in the car??

pocket until i get the nerve to drop 35 bones on this. best one yet IMO:
Tetrax Xway
rigaistruzioni2.jpg

Upvote 0
I actually bought the official car mount from Verizon when I got my phone.

I used it for about 2 weeks and liked it OK. Then one day my wife went to put the phone on the mount and the plastic sheared off at the belt clip. I was driving at the time and saw her, so I know she wasn't using excessive force. The worst part is that I never used the belt clip - that was my least favorite part of the design in the first place. It turns out it's also a weak point.

A word of warning about the various mounts that squeeze in on the sides of the device (like the igrip mentioned earlier in the thread): I tried one of those in store (the guy was really cool and opened one so I could test it with my phone) and I found that it prevented me from using parts of the touch screen where the arms come up past the front of the phone.

Upvote 0
Tetrax Xway
rigaistruzioni2.jpg
I love these kind of smaller vent holders. But let me ask you, the holders that are literally ON the vent, do you think they will damage the phone, either with the heat or ac directly hitting it?? It's always been my concern. Also, when u finally do try it out, LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES! :D

I want small, compact, and out of the way, so holders like this are exactly what I'm looking for.

A word of warning about the various mounts that squeeze in on the sides of the device (like the igrip mentioned earlier in the thread): I tried one of those in store (the guy was really cool and opened one so I could test it with my phone) and I found that it prevented me from using parts of the touch screen where the arms come up past the front of the phone.
Thanks for the tip...makes perfect sense
I don't understand how people keep their phones on vibrate in their pockets, because like I said, I always feel like it's vibrating so I check it every couple minutes.
I will agree with you 100%, the vibration on this phone is AWWWWWFUL!! and I hate it when i'm forced to use it bc i'm in places where it ringing would be inapporpriate. :(

I have it attached to my HIP and still miss the vibration notifications, let alone loose in my pocket, i'll NEVER feel it! :eek:

Upvote 0
My center console has a little slide out drawer specifically to put a phone or a portable media player on. The aux port and usb port are inside the console, so the cables just go through the little drawer to the inside of the console.

I have no idea why all cars aren't designed this way.

my Dodge Caliber has this also. very handy, fits the Inc like a glove.

Upvote 0
someone asked earlier about for further explanation about how the one user is using the body glove case with the Tetrax Xway. here's my post from another thread explaining how they play well together:

i bought the bodyglove case. it's ugly, but me likey. and with the Tetrax system it is perfect. here's why.
here's the case:
cb624b9e.jpg

the hole you see is where a belt clip would attach or if not using a beltclip, that is where the plug would go.
If you take the plug out and remove the rubberized coating from it, there is a smooth plastic surface perfect for mounting the second to smallest disc. as seen here:
94812a84.jpg

once that plug is snapped back in it is now officially an awesome combo. the disc is flush and only the bubble sticks up but it's barely raised. (unless of course you use the belt clip. if you do this combo is not for you.)
1339d316.jpg

Upvote 0
I got one of the Soundgate's yesterday (ordered it last Friday), and used the code 'woot', and got 20.00 off the purchase. Total price was 10.34 after shipping. I may order another if the codes is still working for my wife's car :D.

Hardest part for me is finding a place to mount the thing. My truck doesn't have a really good place for anything but a sucker-mount. Now if I could just get my phone in, I'd be pretty well set, lol (the 12th can NOT come quick enough dammit).

Upvote 0

This looks GREAT...the location, how sleek it is,etc. My 1 problem is I don't want to have to put tape on the INC :(

I really like this setup too but have the same concern.

So here's my question. Since size doesn't seem to matter with this design, could I just get a cheap silicone case off EBay to put that tape on and just put the DINC in that case when I want to mount it... then switch back to my normal case when done? That way neither my phone nor my regular case will have to have that sticker...:thinking:

Upvote 0
So here's my question. Since size doesn't seem to matter with this design, could I just get a cheap silicone case off EBay to put that tape on and just put the DINC in that case when I want to mount it... then switch back to my normal case when done? That way neither my phone nor my regular case will have to have that sticker...:thinking:
Can you believe that this is EXACTLY the simple fix to our concern and it took my 10 year old daughter to make this same suggestion:eek:!! LOL!

So this is what I'm going to do. I'm buying a cheap silicone case, keeping it in the car, sticking whatever I have to stick to it to use the mount and sliding it on and off when i'm in the car and using it, and NAKED when i'm not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones