• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where to get my Xperia Play fixed?

evillord77

Dec 30, 2011
Hey, I have an Xperia Play that I bought in August last year. I got a 1 year warranty and the place I got it from sound rather dodgy when I phoned them up and told them that my Play had problems, they wanted to charge like, $300 for parts, and I could buy a new phone for that. Thing is, my phone's touch screen is completely unresponsive, it used to work, then it didn't work, then it worked, now it doesn't. I've done many reboots, and restores, and software updating, but nothing has fixed it. When I called up Sony about the issue they said to call an authorised Sony service center, I called one, and they said, we can't do anything about it because it was bought in another country. I called up again about a month later and didn't tell them where I bought it, and they gave me a phone number, and I called them, and they gave me another number, and I finally got the number to the nearest place to me that could fix my phone, I called them and they said that they can't fix the phone because it was out of warrenty and there is no Sony Ericsson anymore. I know that, but why won't anyone fix my phone?? How should I go about getting it fixed? I live in Australia btw.

Thanks

Evil

Hi Evil, I'm not sure which place you have rung. However I would advise giving Fonbiz a call on 02 9556 1600 (Rockdale NSW) a call and they should be able to assist with arranging the repair. Please do be aware that they would charge for any repair though as the information regarding us not having an international warranty is correct.

Upvote 0
I talked to them on the phone and they said they'd do it, but it would cost ~$40 to take a look at it, and then they'd quote the rest, and I live in Queensland, so shipping would be relatively expensive, but The Brisbane place said they wouldn't do it when it is out of warranty, so does anyone have an idea on cost? because if it's like $150-$200 I would just spend $300 on a new one with a 1 year warranty.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones