• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where to get Unlocked Tablet to use in US and Canada

endoftheline

Jul 25, 2010
I'm trying to find a tablet (3.0+) that my Dad can use on 3G/4G in the US for 10 months of the year, and also connect to rogers 3G/4G in Canada for 1-2 months. Rogers is a Canadian carrier and they say they have a prepaid data sim card at$60/month that you can put in a tablet and then use on their network for 2 months of the year.

I also think that the tablet needs to be compatible with AT&T's network in the US, in order to work on there, because their network is GSM and maybe HPSA+. They mentioned that a unlocked Ipad would work with this, however I'm really trying to find an android tablet (3.0+) that can work with this.

So I'm wondering if any knows of where to get a unlocked honey comb tablet that would be compatible with AT&T in the US, and thus should also work with Rogers in Canada. Are there any real companies that sell this? Ideally I'd like to avoid buying from any less then legit sources.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones