• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where'd It Go, George?

2-day old Xoom Expert! Noooooooooo, not quite. MY PROBLEM: Upper rt.-hand corner of the Xoom. Normally, next to the "apps" symbol, there is supposed to be a "+" symbol.

I am in the process of building my "home" screen. Instructions say that by hitting the "+" key, (or tapping anywhere on my Home Screen) the page will "split" horizontally and the top portion will appear with a panoramic view of all 5 available panels.

I have no "+" symbol showing near the "apps" symbol, so when I tap (anywhere) on the home-screen, the only thing that appears is a pop-up window which offers a selection of Wall-paper choices. Nothing else changes on the Home Screen - never any view of all the 5-panels in one view.

ANY suggestions will be greatly appreciated! I might have to re-set to get it back (if it EVER WAS THERE), but if there's a simple fix, it would be much better.

Thanks so much,
Jay

Are you using the stock home launcher on an Ice Cream Sandwich build? If so the "+" is no longer there. To add a widget click on the apps icon (the little squares) and click the widgets tab. To add an app to your home screen long press on the app's icon in the app tray and then place on the home screen after the screen changes. To change your wallpaper longpress anywhere on the home screen. Clear as mud?

MY 100TH POST!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones