Where's the Music?General

1. mntom

mntom Well-Known Member

I have an interesting problem. I'm using Google's Music Player on my GN2. If I download some of my music off the cloud where I have previously uploaded them, indicating the album should stay on my device, it shows the albums as being "On Device", but I'll be darned if I can find where they are located. I've looked in folders on both the phone and in the SD card (ext). Can't find 'em anyplace!. I formatted my SD card but Google Player still shows them as being "On Device", and I can play them.

Where are they hiding?? Enquiring minds want to know!

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. mntom

mntom Well-Known Member

Bump: Doesn't anyone have an answer for this?
  3. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

From what I remember there's a folder somewhere under google music and they're renamed as random letters and numbers so you wouldn't recognize them. I just looked for mine and couldn't find them either. They might be set as hidden so you might have to use windows explorer and tell it to show hidden files.
  4. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Hi

I've looked and can't find them. I reckon they are hidden in a folder with root access only. Can anyone with a rooted phone help out?

I have found the files (not uploaded ones) downloaded from the Samsung Music Hub ( a really good bit of software - better than Deezer or Spotify IMO) which are in storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.samsung.music/cache/songs and have a .m4a extension....I was able to specify that they should go to SD card rather than internal.

Roger
  5. Herodroid

Herodroid Well-Known Member

If you have root explorer, you can find it under /data/data/com.google.android.music/files/music
    girolez likes this.
  6. mntom

mntom Well-Known Member

This directory is empty on my GN2, even though I have downloaded music and it shows up on Google Player as "On Device".
  7. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Hi mntom

Dont think you can look at that folder unless you are rooted. Its not the one in storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files , its different and hidden unless you have root acess.
  8. mntom

mntom Well-Known Member

I rooted my phone, and still no luck in finding the files. I used Astro File Manager with the hidden files option checked.
  9. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

10. Herodroid

Herodroid Well-Known Member

You would need to have Root Explorer to see it.