• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which battery widget are you using?

Neera

Mar 4, 2010
IL
I had been using the HTC Battery Widget while on 1.5 and it never caused me problems as far as I know with being a drain on the battery life.

Now after the OTA on 2.1 my battery life seems to have gone down drastically and I heard that this widget could be the culprit.

Sooo, which battery widget are you using with 2.1 that is "safe" on overall battery life?

I'm using Battery Left Widget:
Battery Left Widget
by Preinvent
50,000 downloads, 1674 ratings (4.0 avg)
Free
rating8.png
chart

I like it because:
1. You can choose 2x1 or 1x1 size
2. You can customize the colors
3. It shows you how much time you have left (or what time your phone will die)
4. When you click it, it gives you links to Battery Use, Battery Info, and Battery History (so I don't need to use Spare Parts to get to the Battery History anymore).
5. You can choose how often it updates, so it won't drain your battery!

Upvote 0
Thanks "wpetering" and yes indeed, I seem to suffer from the 50% without signal bug as well.

Put it in airplane mode a bit earlier and the signal % has already gone down to 33%.
Maybe I will wait and see if that solves the battery issue.

OTD, vizBattery looks really nice. I like that is reads from the system vs monitoring the battery itself (and thus draining more power?).

Upvote 0
Thanks "wpetering" and yes indeed, I seem to suffer from the 50% without signal bug as well.

Put it in airplane mode a bit earlier and the signal % has already gone down to 33%.
Maybe I will wait and see if that solves the battery issue.

OTD, vizBattery looks really nice. I like that is reads from the system vs monitoring the battery itself (and thus draining more power?).

Where do you find signal % again?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones