• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Droid Charger to Buy??

RDKamikaze

Android Enthusiast
Jul 3, 2010
Unknown
Hey everyone!! I was reading on the forum and I randomly came across some threads where people are asking questions about their droids and which charger to use. What I have gathered is the phone charger requires EXACTLY 5.1V and AT LEAST 850mA output to keep from harming the phone. This may help some people like me who have been using chargers for their enV 2/3/touch/microUSB phone to determine what has been beneficial or potentially harmful to their droid.

So what do I have to ask? Well, I, amongst many others, am a frugal shopper and enjoy the blessings that ebay brings. I have personally never been wronged by a phone charger from China and they are quite cheap!! So could some of you more-intelligent phone gurus please shine some light on me as to which of these chargers you think would be 100% safe to use on my droid? Thanks! :D

1. 2x Spare Batteries + Wall Charger w/ optional USB outpuy
2. 1 Battery + Wall Charger w/ Optional USB Output, slightly different specs
3. Charger for the Kindle 2, but uses MicroUSB as well!

*I will be adding more chargers in the future!! I asked various sellers the output voltage and amperage on their chargers (since almost 0 posted it) and will get back with results + links as I go!!*

What else should I be looking for? Maybe when I find the charger that will be best and cheapest to safely use with the droid (thanks to everyone's help here), I'll post it in the OP in nice, big red bold so everyone can see it. Thanks for caring about your fellow droid owners!! :D

Also, is it safe to use a charger that outputs 5.0V +-5%, for example? Or one that does 900mA +-50mA? Can anyone validate this guy's (last post, jimnutt) hypothesis? Those are helpful questions for my research, thanks! :D

P.S. Anyone else have experience with China's USB cables? I remember reading that you should NOT use cheap cables before, but mine that I bought for my enV2 has never let me down yet (1 year use)! *kncock on wood*

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones