• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which is your favourite custom rom and why?

uk_network

Jul 17, 2011
UK
Hi there, as you're aware there are many custom roms available for the Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S 5 - XDA Forums

Im currently using XtreStoLite because mainly it comes with a nice Adroid L boot animation.
It's a two part install, first the OS ad then the apps.

My favourite has been omega rom, but i've found with the newer versions that Antutu benchmark is getting worse and worse.

Which is your favourite custom rom and why?

I've just arrived to my holiday destination and my camera app failed me with XtreStoLite rom. Whilst waiting to get a beer I flashed omega v11 rom. Works really nice. The only thing that I was missing which XtreStoLite rom has is the android lollipop boot animation. I found that when I ran XtreStoLite_Aroma_Add-on_Package_XXU1ANG7_v1.3.6 and only chose the android l boot animation ithe worked OK with omega.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones