• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which one to buy INCREDIBLE 2/Thunderbolt or Revolution

prad47

Lurker
Oct 29, 2011
I am currently on Version looking for contract extension. I am looking @ thse phones. Can anyone suggest which one should I go with.

1. HTC INCREDIBLE 2 : Good battery life , 3G
2. HTC Thunderbolt : Poor Battery life, 4G
3. LG Revolution: Better Battery Life, 4G

I feel I do not want to scarifies battery life for 4G

Please suggest

It looks like you answered your own question. If you want a full day's battery (and want to use your phone at all) 4G is out. Incredible 2 is all that is left.

I had a Tbolt so I can verify that the Tbolt is useless as a phone because of this issue. I could not wait to return it.

I cannot address this issue on the Revolution.

Upvote 0

Please suggest

hTC Droid Incredible 2 is exactly what you want then! ;)

Since you came to the Dinc2 forums that's what everyone will tell you, go on the Tbolt forums & everyone will probably tell you Dinc2 is a crappy toy of a device & that you should get the Tbolt.

For real, go with the Dinc2, install Juice Defender, change the preferred network to cdma, and don't even worry about the battery life , just enjoy your new phone! ;)

Upvote 0
I am currently on Version looking for contract extension. I am looking @ thse phones. Can anyone suggest which one should I go with.

1. HTC INCREDIBLE 2 : Good battery life , 3G
2. HTC Thunderbolt : Poor Battery life, 4G
3. LG Revolution: Better Battery Life, 4G

Please suggest

I wouldn't want to scare the battery life for 4G either, but it's Halloween after all LOL. OK, more seriously I have the Inc2 with the stock battery. I use Juice Defender and have made additional tweaks, such as changing the network setting to CDMA. My battery lasts through the day with light to medium use. If I were considering a phone less battery efficient than the Inc2 I would seriously consider an extended battery. They usually make the phone bulkier and heavier which may or may not be a concern. Also, I've read that 4G can be turned off in the phone to conserve battery, which is sensible if you're not doing something that benefits from the extra speed, but I don't know if that's true for all 4G phones and how much difference it makes to battery life.

Upvote 0
If 4g is not a requirement for you, then the Inc2 is the best phone out there currently. If you prefer 4g, you might actually want to wait a little bit and check out the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the Motorola Droid RAZR.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Android Forums
Motorola Droid RAZR - Android Forums
Aside from these 2 phones, HTC Rezound (Aka Vigor) is also coming out in November. You might want to add that to your consideration of 4G phones.

HTC Vigor - Android Forums
HTC Rezound Shows Up in Verizon In-Store Ad

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones