• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which ROM

Jaffa

Android Expert
Nov 16, 2009
Brighton
Hi Guys

Im over from the hero forums, I'm looking to root my friends G1, this is a lazy thread possibly, but its not my phone and I need a quick answer, so thanks in advance..

Is there a stable fully functional ROM running Sense UI for the G1?

Cheers muchly

Lee

The Hero MLIGN 3.3 ROM is slick. I like many of the features. Being based on Android 1.5 wouldn't support Navigation. I'm not willing to give that up. I would love the HTC Sense interface though. Main features I am seeking: stable and fast ROM supporting Apps2SD and navigation.

Upvote 0
The Hero MLIGN 3.3 ROM is slick. I like many of the features. Being based on Android 1.5 wouldn't support Navigation. I'm not willing to give that up. I would love the HTC Sense interface though. Main features I am seeking: stable and fast ROM supporting Apps2SD and navigation.

Well Mlign 3.3 is very stable and fast and has sense which I think is what he is looking for. And I believe it does support apps2sd after partitioning the sd card. I would suggest a class 6 card though. I maybe wrong just got my g1 friday and its my first android phone so still learning.
nate

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones