• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which ROM

Hi all
I'm about to venture into the.world of.rooting using Scotty's two threads but have a couple of questions before I do;

Can anyone recommend either an ice or jb Rom where everything.or.nearly everything works ? Probably.looking at plain Android but open to suggestions.....

With the jb roms can.I then install chrome and google now or are they both device specific ?

Is there anything too look out for on a Rom that's recommmended ?

Thanks all...I'm currently on 2.3.5, sense v3 so I'm guessing I'll notice some differences in both the os and battery life ?

Oh and will my banking apps still work when I root ?

Thanks all

Thanks for the recommendations so far...looks like this is the one to try....

Ad for the banking app, this is what I've found, "We therefore strongly recommend you do not download or use the xxxxxx Mobile Banking App with a jailbroken or rooted device"

Doesn't actually say it won't work tho....

hmmm, it probably will work then. Your bank are probably just saying that to cover themselves, because of possible security issues with rooted devices.

The description for my barclays bank app outright says it won't work on devices which are rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones