Which screen protector do you have?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Ms_Kady

Ms_Kady Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the one from Sprint that just covers the actual screen area. I've seen some that cover everything except the buttons on the bottom and some that cover the entire face.

My question is, does the screen cover that goes over the buttons interfere with the touch sensitivity at all?

Advertisement
  2. jhat3k1

jhat3k1 Well-Known Member

The tmobile hd2 screen covers work great.

3. charlottenian

charlottenian Active Member

bodyguardz... I like it a lot

4. ogwilson

ogwilson Well-Known Member

I use the Zagg InvisiShield that I bought from best buy. It covers the entire face of the phone except for the proximity/light sensor, speaker grill/notification light, and the front facing camera.

I have had zero problems with the capacitive touch buttons registering my touches. When you first have it installed, it takes a little while to "break in" (it'll feel gummy at first) but now it feels just as good as (if not better than) using the glass.

It also seems to be smudge-resistant. On many of my older devices with glass screens, I didn't use a screen protector and they got smudged and gooked up really quick (having to clean it several times a day). I have yet to pull out the cleaning cloth and wipe this phone down since getting it Friday afternoon.

Just a quick review.

Ms_Kady likes this.
  5. JOFOX

JOFOX Active Member

Thats what i use as full body too + silicon case and it actually improves the touch screen (typing)

6. dohmai

dohmai Well-Known Member

what silicon case do you use with the zagg full body? wondering if the full body adds thickness and makes it not fit in cases..

7. paradox183

paradox183 Well-Known Member

I have the Seidio ultimate screen guard and I would never replace it with anything else. Here's why:

- Protects the ENTIRE screen, including the camera, sensors, and buttons.
    - Static cling application; no liquids or adhesive needed.
    - Completely transparent and smooth. I forget that it's even on the screen. My dad has the ZAGG on his Hero and it looks filmy and is not smooth to the touch. That turned me off of the Invisible Shield.

Yes, this one gets fingerprints, but a hot breath and a T-shirt will take care of them. I cannot recommend the Seidio enough.

rzenger likes this.
  8. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

I bought a Zagg today, but now I'm a little leery about applying it, wondering how much it would hinder the use of the Swype keyboard if it offers resistance to quick finger sliding.

9. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

screen cover? w00t?

I'd never put a screen cover on this beauty. I would take away from the pizzazz of the screen, plus it would be pointless since this glass screen is basically scratch proof

10. Ms_Kady

Ms_Kady Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It is??:confused:

11. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

I don't have one. I'm using a belt clip, so nothing will have a chance to scratch my precious. And yes, the glass is extremely hard to scratch.

12. iijyanaika

iijyanaika Member

i have the zagg , and no problems. it wasn't hard to apply, and the body glove case fits on it fine.

13. Peper57

Peper57 Member

I just installed my ZAGG invisible shield and it turned out great. The screen is still as responsive as it was naked and it still feels as smooth. If you plan on applying the shield without the shield spray, plan on being disappointed, cuz its going to look like crap. The only hiccup I had was figuring out where all the pieces go for the full body, because it doesn't seem like it was completely outlined for the edges. But all in all I'm satisfied with the way it turned out and looks and it slides into my horizontal case with ease.

Me Likeee...;)

14. choij2000

choij2000 Member

no, the screen cover does not interfere w/ the buttons. i have stealthguard covers.....(they were easy to put on but it still scratches)

15. Mateo

Mateo Well-Known Member

I got the Zagg screen protector from best buy as well and I love it. Like the person said earlier, it does feel a little rubbery at first but that goes away, and it does feel smudge resistant. Picked up the silicone skin from Sprint and love it. Its thick enough to keep the camera lens from touching surfaces you set it on which is what I was most concerned about. That and I've always felt like gel/silicone cases absorb more impact when dropped.

16. Eric-VTX

Eric-VTX Well-Known Member

Amzer work awesome!

It covers the whole phone which is what I wanted!

17. grindstoneslave

grindstoneslave Well-Known Member

No protection needed as the screen is glass and tough as hell.

18. dereileak

dereileak Well-Known Member

yep, mine is naked in my pocket, the only worry I have is dropping it while using it, as that would break it, but I hate addinb bulk to stuff by putting cases and screen protectors on them, ruins it while you have it, then when it stops working someday you have a non scratched phone, but it doesnt work, ha ha, I just prefer to use it as is, plus this screen will not scratch

19. thediew

thediew Member

Got the zagg shield

20. bmwboyee

bmwboyee Well-Known Member

I have the phantom shield but it has a lot of bubbles and a lot of haze. I hope it clears up and the bubbles go away. I had the ZAGG last time and hated how "sticky" it felt. The phantom doesn't feel that way at all. Hope it clears up. If not, they sent me 2 for the price of one.

oh yeah, Best Buy offered to install the ZAGG if I bought it from them for $20.99. I said no thanks.

21. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I have a Clarivue Ultra Clear screen protector on. I can't complain, it does its job. No interference with sensitivity here. Very clear, can barely tell it's on.

22. kaisies

kaisies Well-Known Member

bubbles wont really go away, but the haze will.

23. Dutch54

Dutch54 Well-Known Member

Read enough about the screen's properties to feel confident with no shield...and it's in one of those BB Rocketfish clip cases, the face in design. If Otterbox gets one going I'd go with that...nice designs.

24. BIG CTY

BIG CTY Member

Using the glare free sceen protector from Sprint. Will probably take it off as it does reduce glare, but takes away from the deliciousness of the awesome screen.

25. bmwboyee

bmwboyee Well-Known Member

The finger prints are enough for me to put a protector on there.